Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-18-2020, 02:16 PM   #706
kumar_gaurav
kumar_gaurav began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas, Hisense A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Thanks! But many people here complained about adding notes to pdf and recover them later. Have you tested that feature?
This hasn't happened to me so far, but I haven't tested enough.
kumar_gaurav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #707
kumar_gaurav

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Was that an over wifi update? Or did you download it from somewhere? I can't find an official announcement. I'd love to see if it fixes my note problem.
Over wifi. This is the only update I have received after Version 1.1.
Advert
Old 04-18-2020, 02:51 PM   #708
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Quote:
Was that an over wifi update? Or did you download it from somewhere? I can't find an official announcement. I'd love to see if it fixes my note problem.
It was via WiFi, the device told me to update as soon as I tiene wifi on.
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:27 PM   #709
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gaurav View Post
Over wifi. This is the only update I have received after Version 1.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
It was via WiFi, the device told me to update as soon as I tiene wifi on.
Huh. I had my Wi-Fi on before I posted earlier and I don't see any update available notification.

On the System Updates page, When I tap on Update via Wi-Fi nothing happens. On that page it only shows what my current version is - BYRead-V2.3.2-2020033112, the Model info, and the three step directions for updating. It doesn't show the newest update, and I thought/hoped it would show up when I tapped on Update via Wi-Fi.

Anybody else still waiting?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:58 AM   #710
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Is it only me or the clock on the to right corner doesn't work anymore. Locked to displaying 00:00.
I'm on the 2.3.3 release.
Olivier
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 AM   #711
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken doesn't litterBratken doesn't litterBratken doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Notes export to PDF is back. But it crashes when i try to export some null object reference. Here we go again

Last edited by Bratken; 04-19-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #712
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Notes export to PDF is back. But it crashes when i try to export some null object reference. Here we go again
Is that with the 2.3.2-2020033112 firmware from March or the latest 2.3.3 from two days ago? If it's the latest, did you get a notification over Wi-Fi? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #713
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
Is that with the 2.3.2-2020033112 firmware from March or the latest 2.3.3 from two days ago? If it's the latest, did you get a notification over Wi-Fi? Thanks!
Yep, it's from 17th April. I got notification. Save your books and notes and try to do factory reset. It's odd that you can't see new 2.x firmware
Old 04-19-2020, 11:23 AM   #714
blue_skies
Addict

Quote:
Yep, it's from 17th April. I got notification. Save your books and notes and try to do factory reset. It's odd that you can't see new 2.x firmware
Okay. Thank you so much for your reply!
Old 04-19-2020, 12:03 PM   #715
blue_skies
Addict

Quote:
I just did the Factory Reset on my Mimas, and the April 17th update did show up and is downloading now. The weird thing is that the factory reset installed the March 2020 upgrade that I had on it when I did the reset. I expected it to actually revert to the firmware that was installed when it was manufactured/sold. Isn't that how factory resets are supposed to work?

I'm waiting for the latest update to add my note/data file back. I had planned to use firmware version 1.x to access my old notes and export to pdf. Now I'm worried I won't be able to do that, considering the post above that reports that function no longer works with the latest firmware.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #716
kumar_gaurav

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gaurav View Post
The new update is awesome!! I was on Version 1.1, and most of the issues I had with this device have been resolved.
- The page refresh button has been added back in Notes.
- Continuous scrolling and inking work together in the landscape mode of PDF reader now.
- Moon+ Reader works now. Earlier, it was unusable for me because of crash every time while opening.
- System font has a better contrast now. This has significantly improved readability in Pocket app.

Unfortunately, Pocket app has now become practically unusable because of frequent crashing.

I have not encountered any other bug so far, but it is still early days. For the moment, I am very happy with the device and will rate it higher than any other 10" e-reader out there because of the combination of the physical page-turn buttons, frontlight and (now) decent software.
Update: Crash of Moon+ Reader is back. It now happens only when reopening books that had been previously opened.

Taking notes in PDF still working well.

Anybody else experiencing issues with Moon+ Reader?
Old 04-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #717
blue_skies
Addict

Quote:
I now have the latest update from April 17th, and I wasn't able to access my old notes. (I've given up on that.)

But I did successfully export a written notepad note to pdf.

Bratken, Is your issue exporting notes that you added to a pdf? I haven't tried that yet. I hope you manage to get your issue resolved!
Old 04-19-2020, 07:09 PM   #718
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
I now have the latest update from April 17th, and I wasn't able to access my old notes. (I've given up on that.)

But I did successfully export a written notepad note to pdf.

Bratken, Is your issue exporting notes that you added to a pdf? I haven't tried that yet. I hope you manage to get your issue resolved!
Maybe it's time to reset my mimas too. Guess, firmware got too fragmented. Also i noticed that scanned PDFs and regular text PDFs opening is way faster. So is switching between books using tabs in stock reader. Too bad still no DJVU support out of box
Old 04-21-2020, 01:19 AM   #719
jask
jask began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
PDF

Just installed the april update, PDF notes exporting seems good enough now.
It's not vector graphics, but at least it looks like a decent PNG, no noticeable compression artifacts.
jask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:26 AM   #720
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle PW3, Boyue: T80S, Mars: T80D, Mimas: T103D, Ares Note: K78
Quote:
I just did the Factory Reset on my Mimas, and the April 17th update did show up and is downloading now. The weird thing is that the factory reset installed the March 2020 upgrade that I had on it when I did the reset. I expected it to actually revert to the firmware that was installed when it was manufactured/sold. Isn't that how factory resets are supposed to work?

I'm waiting for the latest update to add my note/data file back. I had planned to use firmware version 1.x to access my old notes and export to pdf. Now I'm worried I won't be able to do that, considering the post above that reports that function no longer works with the latest firmware.
When you take an OTA (over the air update) it replaces the OLD OS files that it modifies in the system partition as the new OTA'd ones. So factory reset just wipes user data (depending on the device) and resets all system settings and accounts to a blank OBE (out of the box experience) state. The OTA is not the full System image though and so if you were to say go into the recovery and wipe system and not just factory reset it would be a blank device and you would need a firmware dump that some have done with the rktool. This is why it's bad that Boyue does not release anywhere the full system image when they make an OTA in case you get a corrupt OTA and then try to factory reset thinking it will fix it and then have a fully botched OS. It has been shown on the Mars at many times in this forum that if the device is dead for a long time and you go to boot it can mess up the OS (can be due to many factors) and all those devices would have been warranty issued or just bricked without the helpful people dumping their own Firmware's for them to use as a full refresh to flash to the device to make it OBE again.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote