Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-12-2020, 05:05 AM   #691
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubensa View Post
Boyue made the firmware FW-V2.3.2 update available (https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...359203331?s=20) for download by Mega (https://t.co/ikSclpqQsh?amp=1). It's a full (not incremental) update so you can update from any previous version.
Have you already tested it? How is it going?

I'm considering to buy this device or Alita, because Boox devices are out of my reach
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:46 AM   #692
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Problems with the latest 2.3.2-2020033112 firmware

Well, we still have problems with the latest 2.3.2-2020033112 firmware... I've uploaded 2 videos showing how what you write in a pdf gets deleted as soon as you turn the page (just a bit before turning the page, exactly). I've sent an email to Boyue's technical support with both links, I think it's better this than trying to explain with words.

https://youtu.be/w5sGke-KOvs

https://youtu.be/TXwy7aphpE0
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2020, 05:47 AM   #693
josebla

After closing and reopening the document, it worked correctly again, but... these things shouldn’t happen. Let’s hope the new version will fix all and every error we have now....
Old 04-12-2020, 05:00 PM   #694
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken doesn't litterBratken doesn't litterBratken doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Do you mean notes on Mimas are good? I thought people here were complaining about them...

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk
They were somewhat usable almost. In 2.x notes got worse than usual. So i wouldn't really recommend Boyue readers for notes, sadly. Maybe it'll be fixed. Maybe not. Too buggy. If you have enough money and can't decide if you should get Onyx, then go for Onyx. With ereaders you really get what you pay

Last edited by Bratken; 04-12-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:01 AM   #695
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
If you have enough money and can't decide if you should get Onyx, then go for Onyx. With ereaders you really get what you pay
Oh no.
Onyx doesn't have enough space for comics, Wikipedia (Kiwix) etc.
I have 512 GB SD cards in use in my Likebook devices. And USB OTG also works with NTFS, while Onyx can only do FAT32.

Likebook is far superior as a reader / tablet, while Onyx has its strength in the note area
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #696
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubensa View Post
Boyue made the firmware FW-V2.3.2 update available (https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...359203331?s=20) for download by Mega (https://t.co/ikSclpqQsh?amp=1). It's a full (not incremental) update so you can update from any previous version.
I finally installed this update and was excited to finally get rid of the irritating quote and graph boxes at the top of the home page.

The update installed okay, but all my previously handwritten notes now will not display. The thumbnails show up in Notepad, and if I tap to display the various pages in each note, the thumbnails of the pages show up so the notes are still somewhere it seems... but none of the pages will actually display.

It's so frustrating. I wrote a new note and it displays okay, but I need the notes I've written over the last year.

Has anybody else had this problem and found a solution? Any suggestions? I may have to try to update it to my former firmware.

Is there a hidden file somewhere that I can copy to my computer to view my handwritten notes that I'm unable to access on the Mimas? I thought I did that a long time ago. But when I was backing up before the update, the only thing I had in the Notes directory were the few notes I had converted to pdf.

Edited to Add: I had an older version of the firmware before I updated -- version 1.0.1-2019012814 -- so maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited by blue_skies; 04-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #697
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Before I updated my Mimas, I saved the entire Data folder which was in the Notes directory. If I get desperate and can't find any other solution... if I do a factory reset and then update to the previous 1.0.1-2019012814 version, could I just copy everything in that Data folder to the same newly created version and get my old written notes back? Any potential conflicts doing that? Has anybody here done that before? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited to Add: I'm assuming I can't go back to the firmware I used previously without doing a factory reset because Android was also updated with the latest Boyue update. Is that correct?
Old 04-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #698
blue_skies
Addict

I am still trying some things to get the Notepad working, and perhaps should start a separate thread on this issue since the other models share firmware and may have more members familiar with this problem.

Here is what I've tried since my last post:

At the start I got one page to flash for a fraction of a second when choosing from the page thumbnails. Then nothing.

I cleared the data under App/Storage for both Boyue OS and File Manager, and then rebooted. After I did this, instead of that single page flashing for a fraction of a second, it stayed on the screen for about a full second before disappearing. It got my hopes up for a moment.

I repeated the process. This time I tried a different old note than any of the ones I had been trying previously, and after tapping the page selection option, I tapped on the last page (page 8) and this time my writing stayed on the screen and did not disappear. I was giddy! But then I got cocky and decided to add a new 9th page and write something on it. I did, and when I closed the note, it got stuck saving for a couple minutes. When it finally closed, I reopened it and none of the pages would display. I chose the page selection option, chose the 9th page I had just added and then deleted it. When that page was deleted, it went back to displaying page 8... but I could not display any other pages. After these brief few moments of optimism, I am back to blank screen whenever I open a note.

I am wondering if the problem might be because I failed to clear my data before upgrading? Does anybody think it is worthwhile to add the Update.zip file for this current new firmware to Root again, this time clear the App data for Boyue OS and File Manager and then reinstall the firmware? Or is that likely just a waste of time because it's unnecessary to clear data before upgrading firmware, even when you are jumping releases? I don't have a lot of experience with Android devices.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:28 PM   #699
blue_skies
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Before I updated my Mimas, I saved the entire Data folder which was in the Notes directory. If I get desperate and can't find any other solution... if I do a factory reset and then update to the previous 1.0.1-2019012814 version, could I just copy everything in that Data folder to the same newly created version and get my old written notes back? Any potential conflicts doing that? Has anybody here done that before? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited to Add: I'm assuming I can't go back to the firmware I used previously without doing a factory reset because Android was also updated with the latest Boyue update. Is that correct?
Hmmm... I just looked at the Android version on my Mimas and it says it's Android 6.0.1. I thought the latest firmware upgrade was supposed to update Android to 8.0. Am I wrong about that? I could have sworn that's what I read. And my device did say updating Android during the firmware upgrade process. But I think the Mimas was originally sold with Android version 6, wasn't it?

If so, does that mean I can just downgrade to with my previous firmware upgrade zip file without having to factory reset my device?

Old 04-18-2020, 01:27 AM   #700
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Hmmm... I just looked at the Android version on my Mimas and it says it's Android 6.0.1. I thought the latest firmware upgrade was supposed to update Android to 8.0. Am I wrong about that? I could have sworn that's what I read. And my device did say updating Android during the firmware upgrade process. But I think the Mimas was originally sold with Android version 6, wasn't it?
My mail to Boyue
Quote:
When will Android 8 be released?

My devices: Likebook Alita, Likebook Ares.
And the answer
Quote:
maybe in May, the device without noting feature will be in April
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:41 AM   #701
josebla

We have an update for the Mimas! Version 2.3.3-2020041717 is available. I’m downloading it...
Old 04-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #702
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
We have an update for the Mimas! Version 2.3.3-2020041717 is available. I’m downloading it...
Great! Could you report us your feelings about it, please?

Thanks.

Last edited by viceant; 04-18-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #703
kumar_gaurav
kumar_gaurav began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas, Hisense A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Great! Could you report us your feelings about it, please?

Thanks.
The new update is awesome!! I was on Version 1.1, and most of the issues I had with this device have been resolved.
- The page refresh button has been added back in Notes.
- Continuous scrolling and inking work together in the landscape mode of PDF reader now.
- Moon+ Reader works now. Earlier, it was unusable for me because of crash every time while opening.
- System font has a better contrast now. This has significantly improved readability in Pocket app.

Unfortunately, Pocket app has now become practically unusable because of frequent crashing.

I have not encountered any other bug so far, but it is still early days. For the moment, I am very happy with the device and will rate it higher than any other 10" e-reader out there because of the combination of the physical page-turn buttons, frontlight and (now) decent software.
kumar_gaurav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:26 PM   #704
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gaurav View Post
I have not encountered any other bug so far, but it is still early days. For the moment, I am very happy with the device and will rate it higher than any other 10" e-reader out there because of the combination of the physical page-turn buttons, frontlight and (now) decent software.
Thanks! But many people here complained about adding notes to pdf and recover them later. Have you tested that feature?
Old 04-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #705
blue_skies
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gaurav View Post
The new update is awesome!! I was on Version 1.1, and most of the issues I had with this device have been resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
Was that an over wifi update? Or did you download it from somewhere? I can't find an official announcement. I'd love to see if it fixes my note problem.