Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #436
jeromehimself
jeromehimself began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@jeromehimself: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
please try again. PM enabled
Old 08-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #437
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #438
jeromehimself
jeromehimself began at the beginning.

Quote:
PM sent.
Thank you!
Old 08-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #439
C3alm
C3
C3alm began at the beginning.

@Davidfor
Hi.
After installing the SD image you sent me, my Kobo GLO restarts and tries to register.
Configuration by wifi fails after logging correctly to my network, but an network error message is displayed when looking for updates. The time is correctly set.
Connecting the Kobo Glo to my PC (Windows 10 / 64 bits) with a USB cable is not recognized.
Any sugestion?
Thanks
Old 08-07-2020, 04:10 AM   #440
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3alm View Post
@Davidfor
Hi.
After installing the SD image you sent me, my Kobo GLO restarts and tries to register.
Configuration by wifi fails after logging correctly to my network, but an network error message is displayed when looking for updates. The time is correctly set.
Connecting the Kobo Glo to my PC (Windows 10 / 64 bits) with a USB cable is not recognized.
Any sugestion?
The WiFi issue is due to the firmware version. Early last year Kobo had to remove older security protocols from their servers as they are no longer considered to be secure. Older firmware doesn't uses the older protocols so cannot connect. And the image was taken after factory reset, so is probably running firmware version 2.0.

The workaround is to either manually install newer firmware, or use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup. But, if the PC does not recognise the device, that is not going to work. The first thing to try is another PC/cable/port and check whatever settings on the PC for the USB port. Windows 10 is working fine with my Glo, so I don't know what else to suggest, unless the USB port on the device is damaged.

You could take the card out of the device and mount it in a computer and copy the image update files to it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that with a Windows machine. They don't like the multiple partitions on the card. If you have a MAC or Linux machine available, they can do it. Or, you could boot Linux from a USB stick and use that.
Advert
Old 08-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #441
C3alm
C3
C3alm began at the beginning.

Thanks.
I will try to find the image update files and upgrade from a linux box.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:16 AM   #442
pbop
pbop began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
Hello
My KOBO GLO doesn't answer anymore, even a hard reset doesn't work. The sd card is hs, unfortunatly, i don't have backup, can you send me a link for a n613 sd card dump ?
thank you very much
Old 08-28-2020, 05:22 AM   #443
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:38 AM   #444
pbop
pbop began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
Thank you very much, it's ok :-)
Old 09-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #445
JovB
JovB began at the beginning.

Unfortunately I've got a corrupt SD card and can't use my Kobo Glo anymore. Does anyone have an image, so I can flash a new SD card?
Old 09-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #446
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:02 AM   #447
JovB
JovB began at the beginning.

Quote:
PM sent.
Thank you very much!
Old 11-28-2020, 02:20 AM   #448
asaf2020
asaf2020 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n613
Lightbulb

Hello! My eReader Kobo N613 it stopped being enabled during the update, i need image Kobo N613 (Please). Sorry for my bad english, i live in Russia)
Old 11-28-2020, 02:28 AM   #449
asaf2020
asaf2020 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n613
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaf2020 View Post
Hello! My eReader Kobo N613 it stopped being enabled during the update, i need image Kobo N613 (Please). Sorry for my bad english, i live in Russia)
This is Kogo Glo
Old 11-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #450
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@asaf2020: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Closed Thread