Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

The answer to readers, tablets, CES 2011 & the Answer to the Universe

Endgadget has what seems to be a super list of all the tablet/slate devices shown at CES 2011. Here is the list:

http://www.engadget.com/features/tablets-at-ces-2011/

I am thrilled there are so many 10" devices and that the Kno is still breathing because that is my perfect size device.

What I find helpful about this list is not only does it give a great jumping off point for what is coming or what is just doing some heavy breathing. Also it has me sold on buying a new DX in the short term then selling it when either the Adam hits wide availability and we know how the thing works in the wild. But also I can live with greyscale for 6-months or so.

I had this thread from the other day where I was whinging over a handful of less than ideal options for my suddenly immediate need for a large format reader:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1334761

Now I can say that I feel fine buying a DXG because I am sure I'll get most of my money back, well a good 70% back after 6-months.

Anyway, if someone has more large format devices the Engadget missed post them so we can maybe create a master list to use as a shopping list. Because shopping can be fun, even for us guys!!

Added Link to Amazon Tablet Marketplace (01/16/2010):
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=B00422TXZA

I never even knew there was a Tablet portal or marketplace on Amazon. This could be helpful to see almost everything that can be purchased at any given point in time. Hope it helps people at least have another research option.

Last edited by snipenekkid; 01-16-2011 at 04:40 AM.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Thanks for the link.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

anytime, just happy to share. I was sort of going kinda nutz with all the tablets or the lack of real info on the devices I expected we would see around this past October-December. But now I can tack the list over my bed and sleep knowing I am safe from worry about a large format device. Yeah, not much of a life, huh?

have fun with the list, snoozy time for me (4:15AM-ish)
Old 01-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
snipenekkid
Banned

added a link to the Amazon Tablet Marketplace to my OP and though I would add it here with a bump as well.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=B00422TXZA

Tags
ces 2001