Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #16
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
Probably not mesh related but I'm posting it here just in case...

I updated my KA1 to 15505 today and now can't connect to wifi at all - I get the error "Failed to initialize network control client: Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant control socket: /var/run/wpa_supplicant/eth0."

I updated to the latest nightly (by first connecting to wifi in Nickel) and still have the same problem. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
Nope, not related. Something on the new Kobo FW has changed how wifi works and that will affect all users with Kobos. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6500.

Probably it is easy to fix but it will require a Kobo, the latest FW and some ssh love. AFAICT only NiLuJe has all these boxes checked and he's on vacation, so I'm afraid it will need to wait a bit.

Meanwhile, if somebody is interested in self-fixing, please use the github ticket.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:35 AM   #17
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Good to know I didn't break anything locally when I was poking around with the mesh network stuff.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote