Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #1
booookworm
booookworm began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Lookup panel is missing titles label?

I'm pretty sure there was a Titles lookup/search in the left window panel but now it's gone? Am I delusional?? I've attached the screenshot....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 9.25.44 PM.png
Views:	85
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	181226  
booookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by booookworm View Post
I'm pretty sure there was a Titles lookup/search in the left window panel but now it's gone? Am I delusional?? I've attached the screenshot....
Try clicking on the gear wheel at the left end of the search box. Type your search into the Title box and click OK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_search.png
Views:	72
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	181228  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:26 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by booookworm View Post
I'm pretty sure there was a Titles lookup/search in the left window panel but now it's gone? Am I delusional??
Yes

AFAIK Title has never appeared in the left sidebar (Tag Browser)

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yes

AFAIK Title has never appeared in the left sidebar (Tag Browser)

BR
Seconded.
Really, Why? Rarely do Titles have multiple (exact) occurrences, unlike any of the rest. ( Then I looked after I sorted on Title. after excluding those variations by the same Author, there are a few seriously overused exactly the same, titles )

If you want a title (word or fragment), why not just search for it?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
booookworm
booookworm began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Seconded.
Really, Why? Rarely do Titles have multiple (exact) occurrences, unlike any of the rest. ( Then I looked after I sorted on Title. after excluding those variations by the same Author, there are a few seriously overused exactly the same, titles )

If you want a title (word or fragment), why not just search for it?

Thanks for the replies guys!!
You know what? I think you’re right...it wouldn’t make any sense to have a titles category there. I’m not sure what I was thinking, probably gone a bit too book crazy!
booookworm is offline   Reply With Quote