Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Lounge

Could the Lounge be split into to two subfora - "Serious" and "Frivolous".

I have nothing against the Unutterably Silly Games and similar long running threads, I occasionally post in them. But their sheer number deters me from starting threads of a more specific nature - so I seek the information, elicit opinions, etc by posting elsewhere, where I lose the context of "Book Reading".

I'm not the only member who is deterred from starting threads in the Lounge for similar reasons.

The Serious subforum would also be a dumping ground that moderators on other MR forums could use to get rid of OT discussions that don't belong elsewhere

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-21-2017 at 04:49 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Excellent idea, I wholeheartedly agree
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I like the idea too.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
This was tried once, a few years back. The result was so toxic that the new forum was deleted.

The problem then was that the "serious" folks looked down on anyone who participated in the silliness, and that sneering attitude did not lead to peace when the loung was sundered in two.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I too find all the silly games to be too overwhelming sometimes in a search for new posts. I think this should be tried again and the staff should step in if any problems arise and say STOP IT!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Yes. God forbid people should have fun, and right in our faces too, the shameless people.

Banish those that smile to a place where the po-faced don't have to put up with them. Perhaps we should consider suspensions for those that are obviously enjoying themselves too much and bans for anybody who occasionally laughs whilst reading the forums.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I too find all the silly games to be too overwhelming sometimes in a search for new posts. I think this should be tried again and the staff should step in if any problems arise and say STOP IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhQGzeiYS_Q
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Oh yes, because this method never fails.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
This was tried once, a few years back. The result was so toxic that the new forum was deleted.

The problem then was that the "serious" folks looked down on anyone who participated in the silliness, and that sneering attitude did not lead to peace when the loung was sundered in two.
Interesting, I don't remember seeing it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've reported the thread so our Editor team can discuss it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #11
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I thought that was the point of the labels. Is there a way for the serious folks to filter the Lounge for just those labels?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:01 AM   #12
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I just use the Thread Tools to Ignore this Thread on any thread I don't want to show up in New Posts or that I have no interest and don't intend to participate in.

You can still read ignored threads using the Edit Ignored Threads function in User CP. Be aware that if you use the Mark Forums Read function it will affect the Go to first new post function.

I currently have 78 ignored threads. I'd have hundreds more, but I periodically go in and Edit Ignored Threads and Unignore Selected threads that haven't had a response in 6 months.

Requires a little effort, but once set up it runs very smoothly for me.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 03-22-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've reported the thread so our Editor team can discuss it. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW why do I need to know you posted from a Nexus phone, does Samsung pay 10 jeon a post, or are you the ex-prez of the ROK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I thought that was the point of the labels. Is there a way for the serious folks to filter the Lounge for just those labels?
Not that I can see, besides some threads that I would put in Frivolous are not tagged e.g Last 2 Letters-game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I just use the Thread Tools to Ignore this Thread on any thread I don't want to show up in New Posts or that I have no interest and don't intend to participate in.

You can still read ignored threads using the Edit Ignored Threads function in User CP. Be aware that if you use the Mark Forums Read function it will affect the Go to first new post function.

I currently have 78 ignored threads. I'd have hundreds more, but I periodically go in and Edit Ignored Threads and Unignore Selected threads that haven't had a response in 6 months.

Requires a little effort, but once set up it runs very smoothly for me.
That would be far too much administrivia for me - besides I don't want to ignore the Frivolous threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Oh yes, because this method never fails.
Strip away all their Karma, and give them a suitable indelible avatar for a month, e.g. this or this

As my late Dad would have said, "That'll stop 'em farting in church"
===========

I would remove existing labels as they'd be redundant

I'd probably call the subfora something like Just 4 Fun, and Question Time

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-22-2017 at 07:21 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:18 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm on Tapatalk. Nexus 7 is a Google tablet. Now I'm on my Moto E using Tapatalk. The tag line is from the app.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm on Tapatalk. Nexus 7 is a Google tablet. Now I'm on my Moto E using Tapatalk. The tag line is from the app.

Sent from my XT1528
And sending it is an option I always forget to turn off when I reinstall Tapatalk (as I did recently on pure dislike of the newest beta build).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote