Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 04:29 AM   #1
DaRon
Enthusiast
DaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV, KA1, Pyrus mini
KA1: web page protected with htaccess not accessible

Hi there,

i manage my library with calibre but i don't want to carry my whole library on the device so i set up COPS (http://blog.slucas.fr/en/oss/calibre-opds-php-server) on my private server which will be synced every time i modify my library in calibre.
to make sure that COPS is not exposed to public i protect the page with htacccess.

thing is, that i cannot access COPS cause i get no authentication prompt using my KA1.
error msg (no htaccess popup before showing the msg):
Code:
Unauthorized
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
its working fine using my kindle voyage (or any other kindle)
any ideas what i could possibly change/modify/re-configure?

any help is highly appreciated.
Ron
DaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What will probably work is to put the username and password in the URL. I use this for accessing my calibre library. So, something like:

Code:
http://userid:password@mysite.com/mybooks
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:36 AM   #3
DaRon
Enthusiast
DaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV, KA1, Pyrus mini
hi again,
wow...i didn't even think about this solution
anyway....it works like a charm.

Thank you, you safed the day
Ron
DaRon is offline   Reply With Quote