Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #931
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
This is why I have no patience for publishers who release badly-coded books. Some code is just not as clean as it could be, and that usually doesn't cause problems, but then you get cases like this...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #932
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
This is why I have no patience for publishers who release badly-coded books. Some code is just not as clean as it could be, and that usually doesn't cause problems, but then you get cases like this...
Except that Gabe81's problem probably wasn't caused by bad code. It was probably just a big book, with lots of ToC entries. Bad code will probable acerbate it, but, I have reproduced the problem with very simply coded books (just the chapter heading wrapped in header tags, and each paragraph wrapped in p tags, and maybe a few sentences or words wrapped in italics).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:48 PM   #933
johny008
johny008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello everyone, this is my first time writing something here. I have a problem with my rewards of being a reader in Kobo Aura HD, there is a long time I don't receive any new reward, and it started two years ago, I think. Does anyone know why my rewards are not being updated?
johny008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #934
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny008 View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first time writing something here. I have a problem with my rewards of being a reader in Kobo Aura HD, there is a long time I don't receive any new reward, and it started two years ago, I think. Does anyone know why my rewards are not being updated?
I doubt this is actually a bug. While Kobo still have the awards system on the devices, they haven't change them for well over two years. There are still several awards that I haven't gotten, but I never will as I don't use Facebook or otherwise use the device in a way to get the remaining awards.

There is a long thread here discussing the awards. If you can't seem to get an award, I would suggest having a look a that to see if there are clues on what you need to do.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #935
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Personally, I don't care about the rewards. I prefer to read how I want rather then to have to do things I don't want to do just to get a reward.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #936
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Doing high-lights has always been a sore thing with Kobo... but it usually works ok now.

Today I made a bunch of high-lights in a book. Later I opened the book and they were all gone. Paging through the book there were none to see.

But from "My Books", choosing "Annontations" showed them all.

Aura HD, 4.6.9995, kepub
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #937
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
I'm running an original Kobo Touch with firmware 4.5.9587

On the Wi-Fi popup, the top-left and bottom-left corners of the surrounding box have the horizontal lines coming out too far.

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 12-20-2017 at 06:14 AM.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #938
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Personally, I don't care about the rewards. I prefer to read how I want rather then to have to do things I don't want to do just to get a reward.
It's a way of spying on readers. I'd turn it off.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #939
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
My Kobo Glo HD is running 4.7.10413 and is set to a full refresh after each chapter.
Whenever I use the dictionary lookup from a book, there's no refresh immediately after I close the dictionary window (that's nice because I don't see any ghosting so a refresh is indeed unnecessary) as in some older firmwares but there's a full refresh after the next page turn (which seems completely unnecessary). I don't think I noticed such a behaviour in the 4.6.x firmwares but I'm not sure.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 03:44 PM   #940
miyoyo
miyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Am I the only one with sync problems?
The device just calls Api.kobobooks.com and then outright stops :/
miyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #941
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoyo View Post
Am I the only one with sync problems?
The device just calls Api.kobobooks.com and then outright stops :/
Not really. It does seem to timeout sometimes, but the next try is always successful.

How to you know it is stopping after a call to api.kobobooks.com? There should be a lot of calls to that. Are you saying it make one and then does nothing?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #942
miyoyo
miyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
//SNIP//
Nevermind, I have a broken DNS server to fix again

Last edited by miyoyo; 12-27-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: DNS machine broke
miyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #943
pablito67
pablito67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Hello,

I bought recently a Kobo Aura 2nd Edition.
One of the features I liked the most was the possibility of tracking the reading time, pages per minute, etc.
However, it is not working at all, and when it did, it gave some wrong numbers, like not the real reading time but much higher.
I find this frustrating and amazing: my firmware is the latest: 4.7.10413 (168741200a, december the twelfth).

I have done a factory reset twice, it begins working and then stops.

I have bought a couple of books, but most of my books are sideloaded using caliber.

Can anyone give a hint about how to solve this issue?

Thanks
pablito67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:18 PM   #944
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Known bug, I think. Mentioned on the thread for the latest firmware. Works fine on the previous one.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:28 PM   #945
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
In the menu to change fonts, the rectangle that surrounds the name of the font, now is open:

Click image for larger version

Name:	font selection.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	161096

Note: The reader GUI is in spanish, and the firmware is the last one 4.7.10413.

Last edited by JIPG-reader; 12-31-2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: New image
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app