Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 07:52 PM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You could always read the thread first!

Absolutely! But I was running late to get my son.

I don't think anyone was harmed that someone else might have posted about those books first.

-- By the way, how did you like 'Small World'?
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #32
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Absolutely! But I was running late to get my son.

I don't think anyone was harmed that someone else might have posted about those books first.

-- By the way, how did you like 'Small World'?
Oh, I loved it. I'm a huge David Lodge fan; I've read almost everything he's written. As a fan of Small World, you should read the first of his campus trilogy, Changing Places, which also is hilarious; the third book isn't quite up to the first two, IMO. It's not as flat-out funny, but then it's probably more realistic.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #33
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Oh, I loved it. I'm a huge David Lodge fan; I've read almost everything he's written. As a fan of Small World, you should read the first of his campus trilogy, Changing Places, which also is hilarious; the third book isn't quite up to the first two, IMO. It's not as flat-out funny, but then it's probably more realistic.

Unfortunately, that's the only one by him that I've read, which actually strikes me as strange considering how much I, too, loved it. --- I'll certainly check out 'Changing Places.'

Have you read that Joyce Carol Oates novel I mentioned? Wonderful fun.

I love her work and was hoping she would win the Nobel Prize soon, but it's probably not likely
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Have you read that Joyce Carol Oates novel I mentioned? Wonderful fun.

I love her work and was hoping she would win the Nobel Prize soon, but it's probably not likely
I have not but I've already added it to the list. No ebook, unfortunately.

I can't keep up with JCO; she writes faster than I can read.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #35
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Lenovo A10-70, Motorola Z2 Play, 1st Gen Kindle Fire
Quote:
I have not but I've already added it to the list. No ebook, unfortunately.

I can't keep up with JCO; she writes faster than I can read.
I have tremendous respect for authors like that, in the abstract. Though I wonder if they have ever heard of, or considered, taking some time off. and I wonder what that is doing to their physical and long term mental health.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote