Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Draw Lines Between Columns?

Hello:

Is there a way to have Calibre draw vertical lines delineating the columns? This would be a great help. I have looked and cannot find such an option so if I missed it, I apologize in advance.

Many thanks,

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e4720886508a71
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2018, 06:24 AM   #3
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Unhappy

Hello, Kovid:

Thanks for your quick reply and I do mean quick. However, I was kinda hoping for a check box somewhere; I have to admit that, despite the fact that I have programmed since the early 80's, I don't have a clue what to do with these files. I presume that the .py extensions imply python but that's as far as I can get; my last programming experience was with C++! In looking around on the web, it would seem that some python "compilers" are really just interpreters (much slower execution than native code); but, that said, I have nothing to handle python!

Sparky
Old 07-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
Hello, Kovid:

Thanks for your quick reply and I do mean quick. However, I was kinda hoping for a check box somewhere; I have to admit that, despite the fact that I have programmed since the early 80's, I don't have a clue what to do with these files. I presume that the .py extensions imply python but that's as far as I can get; my last programming experience was with C++! In looking around on the web, it would seem that some python "compilers" are really just interpreters (much slower execution than native code); but, that said, I have nothing to handle python!

Sparky
You should do nothing unless you want to run calibre from source. If that's not the case, the change will be in the next release (with an option in Preferences -> Look & Feel)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #5
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot

Thumbs up That's Even Better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You should do nothing unless you want to run calibre from source. If that's not the case, the change will be in the next release (with an option in Preferences -> Look & Feel)

Hello, Terisa:

Wow - that's fantastic. No, I have no interest in running Calibre from source. I'm afraid my coding days are over. I simply don't have the time. But, it was fun while it lasted!!

The thought did cross my mind that if the source Kovid so kindly provided was for the latest version, when the next version came out I would be back where I started out from.

Thanks for the clarification!

Sparky
Advert