Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
MorningCoach
MorningCoach began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Really dumb rookie question

Hey everyone first please excuse this question.

I am new to the Max 2 it just came Monday. I have Kindle books, and also Google play - those apps work fine but I really want to use Neoreader. The dumb question what is the best store to buy epubs that will work with Neoreader - or do I need to try and convert everything to epub.

Is there a store I can just download - I am assuming now and I have to use conversion software?

Again total rookie question, but I am little stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance,
MorningCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:51 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Neoreader (the default reader on Onyxes) should be able to open epub, mobi, pdf, and more without any hassles. When you buy the ebooks (epub, mobi, pdf,...) and they are DRM-protected, open the DRM with Adobe-something first and then Neoreader can read them.

Any store should do, but maybe not Kobo/Rakuten's kepubs which have some weird differences from epubs. I have no tried kepubs though. Every ebook I have bought (from ordinary bookstores/publishers that happen to offer a few ebooks in addition to paperbooks) has been either epub or pdf, no DRM, so all hassle-free.

Which bookstore you should use? I recommend the cheapest.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
MorningCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Neoreader (the default reader on Onyxes) should be able to open epub, mobi, pdf, and more without any hassles. When you buy the ebooks (epub, mobi, pdf,...) and they are DRM-protected, open the DRM with Adobe-something first and then Neoreader can read them.

Any store should do, but maybe not Kobo/Rakuten's kepubs which have some weird differences from epubs. I have no tried kepubs though. Every ebook I have bought (from ordinary bookstores/publishers that happen to offer a few ebooks in addition to paperbooks) has been either epub or pdf, no DRM, so all hassle-free.

Which bookstore you should use? I recommend the cheapest.
Thank you very much, this world is new to me, just convert them over. I see, thanks so much in advance. I was trying to figure it out, but wasn't getting very far. Off to Google and get to work, just needed a little push.

Thanks a ton,
Old 07-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
MorningCoach

So weird,

I have this book on Kindle and Google play I am using various DRM removal tools downloaded 4 so far. Can't get to the ePub.

This is the Google Play version - The_Prosperity_Bible-epub.acsm

This is the Kindle version - The Prosperity Bible_ The Greatest Writings of All Time on the Secrets to Wealth and Prosperity.azw

Neither of these file types is working, does anyone have a DRM removal tool that works with these file types.

Again, thanks in advance, I am new to all this and it is frustrating, I wonder if it may just be this book. I use this book in classes and is one of the primary reasons for buying the Max 2 - a little disappointed so far.

I am pretty good at tech too - might be sending it back this week.

Thanks again in advance. If someone has a tool that you use a share would be awesome. Giving it a few more days

J
Old 07-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
For ePubs you'll need to install Adobe Digital Editions 2.x, register it with an "Adobe ID", and then use it to open the .ascm file. ADE will then download the actual ePub file.

For Kindle you'll need to download for an E-Ink device (which I assume you don't have) OR download using Kindle for PC/Mac.

Once you have an ePub or Kindle book downloaded using ADE 2.x (ePub) or Kindle for PC/Mac (Kindle), you'll need to get calibre and the DRM-removal plugin for calibre. The plugincan be found at Apprentice Alf's blog. http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

But for any more detailed help with DRM removal you'll need to ask elsewhere - e.g. Alf's blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
MorningCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
For ePubs you'll need to install Adobe Digital Editions 2.x, register it with an "Adobe ID", and then use it to open the .ascm file. ADE will then download the actual ePub file.

For Kindle you'll need to download for an E-Ink device (which I assume you don't have) OR download using Kindle for PC/Mac.

Once you have an ePub or Kindle book downloaded using ADE 2.x (ePub) or Kindle for PC/Mac (Kindle), you'll need to get calibre and the DRM-removal plugin for calibre. The plugincan be found at Apprentice Alf's blog. http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

But for any more detailed help with DRM removal you'll need to ask elsewhere - e.g. Alf's blog.
Again,

Thank you for the help - trying to accelerate my learning. I know this is so basic. Thanks for spending some time. Back to work - I have calibre - just mishing that first step - thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #7
MorningCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

SUCCESSSSSSS!!!!!

Made my day - thanks so much!!!!

J