Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Yes. iOS 7 seems to be more aggressive when killing backgrounded apps.

Marvin is not compiled to 64 bits (yet) so that couldn't be the cause.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #17
Luckyniccie
Luckyniccie began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I got my ipod touch 5g with ios 6. I bought Marvin and restored my backup from my ipad.
I started reading en guess what, GUESS WHAT!! NO REALOADING! Yeah I'm happy and no way I would update to ios 7.

So until there is a solution I'll keep reading on my ipod touch :-D
Luckyniccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #18
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I'd instantly return to iOS 6, too, if it could be done, but it can't. However, Marvin is perfectly usable for me on iOS 7 as well -- having no issues there.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
Luckyniccie

Today I got my mini back from the repair centre and guess what? I got a new one with ios 6! So again, im happy
Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #20
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Red face

Wow! Lucky you! Congrats... I wish I could submit my iDevices to that repair center, too... because the only thing wrong about them is iOS 7!
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #21
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Yes. iOS 7 seems to be more aggressive when killing backgrounded apps.

Marvin is not compiled to 64 bits (yet) so that couldn't be the cause.
I know this comment is not productive, but I feel vindicated about that bug report I made.

It really bugs me that on the iPad air Marvin seems to be constantly restarting.

To put in perspective, on the iPad Air which has 1 GB of RAM, Marvin seems to be restarted by IOS 7.x about as often as it did on the ipad2 (512MB RAM) with ios 6.x

Marvin does seem to restart more on the ipad2 with ios7 as compared to iPad Air, so I am convinced that it is ios 7 being a pain in my butt.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #22
Luckyniccie

There is only a tiny problem left. On my ipad mini with ios 6 you can see horizontal stripes on the screen. It really looks abysmall. Is that normal? Or is that typically for ios 6?
I dont have that problem on ipad 2 with ios 7. Is is the software or is something wrong with the screen?
I cant remember I had the same problem when I first bought my ipad mini (with ios6)
Old 11-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #23
Luckyniccie

Will the problem of reloading be solved with ios 7.1?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Luckyniccie Could you post a screenshot or a photo of the horizontal stripes?

I'm not sure about 7.1. I haven't tried the beta because of the switch to universal this week. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyniccie View Post
On my ipad mini with ios 6 you can see horizontal stripes on the screen.

Are you sure you installed the iPad version of Marvin on your iPad mini? App Store kept mistakenly sending Marvin's iPhone version to some people's iPads throughout yesterday. iPhone software does look awful on iPads, especially on non-Retina screens like the screen on your 1st-generation iPad mini. My guess is, you might be mistakenly running Marvin's iPhone version there. Try redownloading the app from the App Store, so you get the nice iPad version of Marvin for your iPad mini.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
kguil
Addict

Yes. Updating Marvin from the app store will solve the "iPhone version on iPad" problem.

It seems that, now (30++ hours later), the App Store is sending the right versions.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #27
Luckyniccie

Yes, i've installed the right version. The problem of the horizontal stripes isnt only on marvin. Its the whole ipad mini screen. I'll keep it this way. Its ios 6 so I shouldnt be complaining ;-)
Old 11-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #28
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyniccie View Post
Yes, i've installed the right version. The problem of the horizontal stripes isnt only on marvin. Its the whole ipad mini screen. I'll keep it this way. Its ios 6 so I shouldnt be complaining ;-)
Horizontal stripes? are these very pronounced stripes like as if you'd drawn them with a pencil? If yes, then ignore the rest.

or are they more like blurry bands with a contrasting edge?

Do these flicker sometimes? If yes, then I have that sometimes on my iPhone if I haven't hard started in a while, in iOS7 even.

Might try turning it off cold (keep the sleep button pressed until it asks to powerdown) then restart it. If it's the same thing it may be cleared.

Also check that you aren't maxed out on storage, some apps maintain a hefty cache. This might cause heavier memory use and perhaps contribute to the issue.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 11-23-2013 at 06:44 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #29
Luckyniccie

Itis indeed with blurry bands with a contrasting edge. So I used your tip to hard start my ipad mini but the issue is still the same. Storage is ok aswell. Just got it back from repair centre so there arent many apps on it yet.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #30
Luckyniccie

Hello
Me again. Have problems with my ipad mini screen, its not only stripes but sometimes it goes to black/green (like a windows computer screen)

I may have to recover my ipad but how do I do that without also updating my device? I really dont want ios 7 back. Any ideas?

Should I leave it?