Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
yogabill
yogabill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Change the way numbers behave

After importing a series of magazines I noticed that the issue numbers organized themselves so that #1 was followed by #10. I manually changed the numbers to read 01, 02, etc but then I noticed that #101 came before #2. How do I change how numbers behave?
thanks
B
yogabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You do not mention what field this was in? If in the title then the only way is to add any required leading zeroes as the field is simply sorted as text. There must be enough leading zeroes to cater for the highest issue number.

I use the Series fields for magazines and put issue numbers into the Series Index field (I actually tend to use year.issue eg 2011.03). Sorting on the series field will now give expected results as the series-index field is sorted numerically.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert