Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #31
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
bestbuyca
Thanks!

Can the Desktop app also detect the update for the device?

update: nevermind, I just tried it and the desktop app didn't detect any update. I just changed the affiliate and it's downloading the update now. Thanks!

another update: Is there a notable difference between bestbuyca and Kobo?
'cause I have Kobo as my original affiliate, and I just thought I'd keep bestbuyca 'cause it seems to be getting the updates first.

update 3... the update just finished installing and it seems that the sorting thing in the collections is finally back!!!

Last edited by hleo12; 07-11-2014 at 06:32 PM.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Sounds quite nice. Long paragraph bug fixed; I'm almost sad - it had become such a trusty companion. First thing Adobe got right since when?
I refuse to believe that it has been fixed. does this mean that when I get to a page where the text stops 3/4 of the way down the page and I think that I'm at the end of the chapter that I'll ACTUALLY be at the end of the chapter?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I have yet to see any bad breaks I will admit..... and I've been on a beta version for the last week or so....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #34
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I refuse to believe that it has been fixed. does this mean that when I get to a page where the text stops 3/4 of the way down the page and I think that I'm at the end of the chapter that I'll ACTUALLY be at the end of the chapter?
Depends if they've fixed the end of chapter bug. If so, then yes. If not, then maybe.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #35
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I think the new RMSDK also fixes the issue where a markup tag embedded in a word would allow a word break.

E.g. "S<span class="smallcaps">MALLCAPS</span>" no longer breaks after the "S".
This would be seriously great. One of the most annoying bugs of RMSDK...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would somebody please test if specifying the font family in body for sn embedded fojnt now works. This has been a long standing bug and I'm hoping it's fixed. It would go a long way to get me to buy a Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #37
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would somebody please test if specifying the font family in body for sn embedded fojnt now works. This has been a long standing bug and I'm hoping it's fixed. It would go a long way to get me to buy a Kobo.
I'm not even sure what that means. No wonder I was ever bothered by it.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #38
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@JSWolf: Is the book attached here the one to test with? --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=11

If so, what am I looking for in it?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I only have one ePub on my Aura HD at the moment, but I'm still seeing some pretty big random spaces at the bottom of the screen on some "pages" when I randomly look through it. Maybe it's a different "bug" than I'm thinking.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-12-2014 at 01:24 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:31 AM   #40
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
if my desktop software can delect an update available, does that mean my aura HS will detect the same , or not necessarily.

I'd like the long para bug fix on my HD, but I don't want to enable sync and pick up some unwanted previous version ( as I am 2 or 3 versions behind ). and as I recall, the HD firmware does not ask, it just installs what it sees ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
anyone tried this on the touch (original with internal storage)??
During the betas, the firmware has been tested on all devices. That includes my N905 Touch. But, I hadn't put the final version on it. I have now with no problems. But, only put the KoboRoot.tgz on to the device. The other files are for the other devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #42
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I only have one ePub on my Aura HD at the moment, but I'm still seeing some pretty big random spaces at the bottom of the screen on some "pages" when I randomly look through it. Maybe it's a different "bug" than I'm thinking.
It's quite possible the widows/orphans settings (sets the number of lines that of a paragraph that will be left at the top or bottom of page) are causing what you are seeing at the bottom of a page.

widows = minimum number of lines in a paragraph split on the new page.
orphans = minimum number of lines in a paragraph split on the old page

One nasty item I've seen in several books is setting the widows and orphans to 0 which is does not fit the specification of the "number of visible lines" and leads to occasional rather strange breaks.

The default for widows/orphans is 2 so using that default, if you are reading an ebook where a 3 line paragraph would be split at the bottom of a page, the display would instead move that paragraph to the next page leaving a wide blank space at the bottom of the previous page.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:47 AM   #43
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
does this mean that when I get to a page where the text stops 3/4 of the way down the page and I think that I'm at the end of the chapter that I'll ACTUALLY be at the end of the chapter?
No, there could be an illustration that doesn't fit in this page and is moved to the next
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:16 AM   #44
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Collections alphabetical order

In previous the previous firmware, the collections appeared in a weird order.

It is back to normal in this 3.5.0.

Cool,

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:27 AM   #45
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Has anybody tried out that full screen reading yet?
Is it still working? And if it is, can somebody remind me how to do it again?
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote