Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Groovy Writer
Scribe
Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle
An Antichrist that's also a Messiah: 2.99 Thriller on Kindle

Meet King Antiochus Epiphanes, coming very soon to an Apocalypse near you. When he died 21 centuries ago he never passed on; instead his spirit waited for the opportunity to resurrect itself. He's been preparing for his return, watching humanity until its fruit ripened, ready to be harvested for the New Age. To Christians, Antiochus defines Antichrist to the letter. He is the “abomination in the holy place” spoken of by Jesus. He is the "little horn" of the prophet Daniel, the one who tramples and defiles and has no God other than himself. Yet he is also brilliant, supremely powerful, and capable of saving humanity from self-destruction. A secular Messiah. It's a recipe for Armageddon.

To check out some great fiction, mobileread users have several options:

Link to Something Coming Book One on Kindle, 1.99 until June 10 (then 2.99)
Link to Book Two: The Second Coming on Kindle, the sequel, when the world witnesses a Second Coming like no other.
Book One: The Sacred Mountain is free on Scribd.

Read reviews of this great end times fiction!
Thank you!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-10-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Wanted to say thank you and include new cover
Groovy Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Only for Kindle? It does seem to be the Goliath in the market, but owners of other reader may be interested in this, too. Nez Pas?

Last edited by Poppa1956; 06-05-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Grevious spelling and capitalization errors corrected.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Groovy Writer. That is an interesting pen name.

It is always great when authors join and actively participate in our forums. Have you considered putting your book on Smashwords?

We are an international forum of many devices and appreciate (and like to support) authors who take note of that. Many of us do not own Kindles and are geographically restricted from purchasing from the USA. Publishing on smashwords allows international members to view and purchase MR author books.

Please join in our discussions and let us get to know you. Many of us look to support authors who get to know us and actively participate in other areas of MR, outside their own book thread.

Did you notice "The Shameless Promotion and Endless Plug-Your-Novel Thread"? It is a fun thread where you can meet some of the other authors on MR.

Check out the Kindle forum and even the calibre forum. There is always something going on around MR.

Remember, have fun, ask questions if you want to know anything, and let us get to know you as you participate in other areas of our forums.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Yair what she said! Sony reader sony reader and smashwords. Works best for this Ozzie!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Groovy Writer
Scribe
Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Groovy Writer can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

deleted post

Learning the ropes here. Please excuse my mess. The reason why my novels are only available for Kindle (at this time) is because I coded 70 chapters by hand for the Kindle and that wore me out. The auto conversion from word processor can't be trusted (a first copy had miserable formatting errors). Any suggestions on another good format, or a good (free) conversion service? With so many e-readers on the market, I had to pick one, and as already noted, Kindle dominates the market.

On a second note, any authors or fiction fans on MobileRead who would like to do some cross-promo, please send me a message. I have two weeks totally free coming up, and I'll be on this forum looking for friends

PS - Been a "writer" for 25 years. Lots of professional experience, especially in journalism. Favorite authors: Ursula Le Guin, S.R. Donaldson, S. King, Gregory Maguire, Tolkien. Website: GroovyWriter.com. Thank you!

Last edited by Groovy Writer; 06-08-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Thanks for the replies
Old 06-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Groovy Writer
Scribe

Hi Dreams,

I looked at Smashwords but it only takes .doc format. I wrote everything in HTML and converted to PDF, and would have to create on entirely new file. When Smash starts accepting something OTHER than .doc files, I'll jump on board! Thanks.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Isn't it possible to convert an html file to a doc file?

It might be worth your while, as I think many people will buy your book from Smashwords to avoid the $2 Amazon international fee, of which you get nothing anyway.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
Groovy Writer
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Isn't it possible to convert an html file to a doc file?

It might be worth your while, as I think many people will buy your book from Smashwords to avoid the $2 Amazon international fee, of which you get nothing anyway.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

PS- Converting files can be really tricky.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
Groovy Writer
Scribe

I'm happy to report, after two days of work and uploading, I am live at Smashwords. For those of you interested in the process, I had use the "nuclear option" of copying from a browser window into a blank Notepad doc, then from there into a word processor. All formatting from scratch. Ouch! Learned more than I ever wanted about formatting for Word. Two days...

Anyway, the first book is PAY WHAT YOU WANT. It's quite the suspense thriller with history, prophecy, thoroughly edited and lovingly crafted. Worked on it for ten years and finally weighed in at 180,000 words, two books. It's gone viral at Scribd, hundreds of reads a day for a while and I did no promo over there. I'm hoping for some sales now. One person bought it the first day at Smashwords, and even one makes me happy. I know the quality of the story, so it's only a matter of time. Wish me luck!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:29 AM   #10
Groovy Writer
Scribe

Pay what you want for this New Age thriller at Smashwords

King Antiochus returns to save the world, but could be the Antichrist in this original and well-reviewed thriller from J.M. DeBord. Divided into two books, the first is available for download at Smashwords at the incredibly low price of pay whatever you want. Or just download it free: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RadicalOwl

Catch is, the sequel is 4.99. At least I'm being upfront

Ten years of work went into making those two novels. The editing is thorough and the writing polished. And please, if you read and like the story, spread the good word. Thank you!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #11
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Thank you for your efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Writer View Post
I'm happy to report, after two days of work and uploading, I am live at Smashwords. For those of you interested in the process, I had use the "nuclear option" of copying from a browser window into a blank Notepad doc, then from there into a word processor. All formatting from scratch. Ouch! Learned more than I ever wanted about formatting for Word. Two days...

Anyway, the first book is PAY WHAT YOU WANT. It's quite the suspense thriller with history, prophecy, thoroughly edited and lovingly crafted. Worked on it for ten years and finally weighed in at 180,000 words, two books. It's gone viral at Scribd, hundreds of reads a day for a while and I did no promo over there. I'm hoping for some sales now. One person bought it the first day at Smashwords, and even one makes me happy. I know the quality of the story, so it's only a matter of time. Wish me luck!
I feel that, after goading you to make multiple formats available, I should at least say, "Thanks!" So, Thanks!.
And, since I am interested in what I believe to be your unique spin on the subject matter &mdash Antiochus Epiphanes being the original "Abomination of Desolation" and well and the one to come — I've purchased the first book as well.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Just out of interest, does this work or do people just pay nothing? I would have thought the optimal time to ask a reader to decide how much it is worth would be after they have read it, not before. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to re-buy something on Smashwords that you have already bought, even if you bought it for 0.00.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
Groovy Writer
Scribe

Hey Mr. Ploppy, you're right, I don't think Smashwords will allow you to pay for a title after you've bought it. However, the sequel (Something Coming Book Two: The Second Coming of Antiochus) is already available on Smashwords and Amazon, and costs 4.99. I might drop that price by a dollar, but for now it's my way of enticing the reader with the first book as pay what you want, then making the sale.

You're probably already reading since you bought the book about a week ago. One quick update: I've uploaded a new file that corrects some formatting errors. When converting for Smashwords I had to copy from a browser window into a Notepad file, then from Notepad into a stripped Word doc. Then I had to go through line by line and reformat. Two days later I was finally done, but my mind wandered at moments and I missed some italics that identify Antiochus's voice in Chapter 6, and I ran some paragraphs together in Chapter 2. I'm mortified with embarrassment, since I promised that the books are thoroughly edited. Well, this morning I'm sending ANOTHER file to Mark at Smashwords, and will have that available in the next hour or so. Thank you for reading book. I'd love to get your feedback.

-J.M.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #14
Groovy Writer
Scribe

Both titles are half-price at Smashwords during the July sale. Here a link to my Smashwords profile, which has my titles. Less than $4 total for both books. Now that's what I call a bargain....

Tags
antichrist, christian fantasy, end times fiction, free ebook, new age thriller, occult fiction, paranormal, second coming, supernautral thriller, thriller