Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
What Kind Of Contests, Draws and Prizes Do You Enjoy?

Many authors have had contests and draws on their sites, often coinciding with a book launch, or just to keep their site lively. The standard prizes range from book marks to entire collections. I think it was David Gemmel (Rest in Peace), who included hand written letters with several signed books he gave away as prizes.

Now things have gone even further, with a few authors promising a drawing for an iPad and a couple giving away Kindles!

Now, I'm not so well funded that I could afford a prize like that, but I'm wondering: What kind of contests, prizes and other free stuff do you enjoy?

Are there a few things us authors haven't thought of? Or are the standards (Free eBook, Book, Book mark, etc...), still fantastic?
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I think anything free is great. I have been on other author sites where they have contests that ask questions about characters and or situations in their previous books.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert