Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
How about some eecb's to publishers?

How about we all send letters or emails to the executives of the publishing houses to let them know how we feel about their plan to delay ebooks by four months? Maybe if we all sound off on them they will realize they are alienating the very readers they want money from?

I'll see if I can find addresses and emails for them. Anyone in?
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
How about we all send letters or emails to the executives of the publishing houses to let them know how we feel about their plan to delay ebooks by four months? Maybe if we all sound off on them they will realize they are alienating the very readers they want money from?

I'll see if I can find addresses and emails for them. Anyone in?
I have one. A picture. A picture of a middle finger raised high. Underneath this are words that are not meant for children, but which children use in any case.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But a well crafted letter to more than just Carolyn Reidy might turns heads more. That may be how we feel, but it won't get the reaction we wish.

As the late Patrick Swayze said in "Road House", "Be nice. Be nice until it's time to not be nice." They just blow off the really rude letters and emails.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
But a well crafted letter to more than just Carolyn Reidy might turns heads more. That may be how we feel, but it won't get the reaction we wish.

As the late Patrick Swayze said in "Road House", "Be nice. Be nice until it's time to not be nice." They just blow off the really rude letters and emails.
It's an insulated business, we already know this. A business that has, in no uncertain terms, made a stand with the latest move. That stand was to say "Go Away. We don't want your custom." Fine. They, and the cowardly writers who acquiesce to the whole rotting system can go hang. I can read great free literature both new and old for the rest of my life and I don't have to pay one single cent (I will pay if the writer is independent). My reader is crammed full of great mysteries and pulp from Munsey's, classics from Feedbooks, Manybooks and Gutenberg, and new writers that are infinitely more interesting than what is currently being published by the big boys.

The only thing they care about are bottom lines. We're below bottom. Our letters might as well be stamped with 'immediate shredding."

I wouldn't waste the bandwidth on these dinosaurs.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
mrscoach
Guru

So you would rather curse the darkness than to light a candle, just because you think it will not give off enough light?

I suppose you do not vote either, because your vote doesn't matter.

We need to let them know ahead of time why their profits will go down, so that when it does they have something to correlate it to, instead of putting their, ahem, heads together and coming up with something stupid that has no basis in truth.
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I sent St. Martin's an email about a book that was priced higher than the paper version, but I just sent it to customer service. I plan to email each publisher every time they have a lost sale from me for some ridiculous reason.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
I've sent emails to both publishers and authors, and told them I'd be boycotting their business until they change their minds. I suspect they could really care less, they are fighting a bigger battle and we are just the collateral damage, so to speak.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
mrscoach
Guru

Carolyn Reidy carolyn.reidy@simonandschuster.com

or mail to: 1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

I'm not positive about the email, but it is in the same format as others in the company, so I plan on trying it. Then there are the other executives. I saw both names capitalized in the email, and both lowercase, so if one doesn't work we might try the other.

Louise Burke
Executive Vice President and Publisher, Pocket Books

Stacy Creamer
Vice President and Publisher, Touchstone-Fireside

Judith Curr
Executive Vice President and Publisher, Atria Books

Mark Gompertz
Executive Vice President, Digital Publisher of Simon & Schuster
Elinor Hirschhorn
Executive Vice President, Chief Digital Officer

Martha Levin
Executive Vice President and Publisher, Free Press

Christopher Lynch
Executive Vice President and Publisher, Simon & Schuster Audio

Susan Moldow
Executive Vice President and Publisher, Scribner

David Rosenthal
Executive Vice President and Publisher, Simon & Schuster

Michael Selleck
Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing

I'll look up the other publishers, too.

edited to add: Elinor Hirschorn and Christopher Lynch didn't go through as lowercase names.

Last edited by mrscoach; 12-13-2009 at 06:48 PM.