Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Euroboy
Connoisseur
Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle2 Intl.
ePUB or sony format?

I am waiting for my 600 and am downloading public domain books. Given the choice, would you prefer the sony format (lrf??), pdf or ePUB format to go with your Sony Reader? Any why?

Edit : sorry, saw this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59869

Last edited by Euroboy; 10-22-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
ePub because I think it will have long term support and wide industry support.

I read The Sleeper Awakes by H.G. Wells last week and had no issues with ePUB even tough it says experimental on the Project Gutenberg pages. http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/12163

An ok read btw. if you're into dystopian sci-fi.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
I used to like epub a lot with the fact that you can easily customize fonts, but right now LRF is what I prefer because of the full justification.
It still boggles me that Sony has not updated their readers to display epub in full justification, despite me e-mailing them multiple times.
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
justification should be an option on the reader, and the reader should follow the justification specified in the CSS. the sony reader (or whatever ADE version used on it) does neither.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote