Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
It is a well known fact that if you walk in a straight line for long enough, you will end up back where you started. Thus it is with the Lounge. It's just that our straight lines are more crooked and much shorter than others.

And speaking of Dogs: Has anyone seen Vivaldi, lately? Damn dog must have dug under the fence again! Someone shake the bacon box, wouldja?

Welcome to the escape committe, btw. We meet alternative Tuesdays, except for when it is a holiday in Australia, the agenda will be finalized next week if the sub-committee on species alignment can finish its report in time, otherwise we will have to make do with the blue one next to the fish, the report form the environmental impact study of tunneling under the marsh will be ready as soon as the Duck and the Monkey get over it, treats will be served by the armadillopuss if she can get the cat litter brushed off in time and we will be getting special report from the Queen on the Tom Waits concert in Paris, this week. Bring your ear plugs.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
och noo laddie, the arbroath smokie is only for the cat.
streuth mon, ye git a dith wish or somat?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #18
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Do you think we could wake RickyMaveety up? I'd really like to know the way out, you know.

THump Zzzzz.
I'm up!! I'm up!! .... what was the question??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It is a well known fact that if you walk in a straight line for long enough, you will end up back where you started. Thus it is with the Lounge. It's just that our straight lines are more crooked and much shorter than others.

And speaking of Dogs: Has anyone seen Vivaldi, lately? Damn dog must have dug under the fence again! Someone shake the bacon box, wouldja?

Welcome to the escape committe, btw. We meet alternative Tuesdays, except for when it is a holiday in Australia, the agenda will be finalized next week if the sub-committee on species alignment can finish its report in time, otherwise we will have to make do with the blue one next to the fish, the report form the environmental impact study of tunneling under the marsh will be ready as soon as the Duck and the Monkey get over it, treats will be served by the armadillopuss if she can get the cat litter brushed off in time and we will be getting special report from the Queen on the Tom Waits concert in Paris, this week. Bring your ear plugs.

The PANDA(borg) is up too!!

I'm sorry .... who??? And, who let the dogs out, and why do they smell of skunk this morning?? Aaaaaand, what did that thing they dragged into the front yard used to be???
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #19
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I'm up!! I'm up!! .... what was the question??

The PANDA(borg) is up too!!

I'm sorry .... who??? And, who let the dogs out, and why do they smell of skunk this morning?? Aaaaaand, what did that thing they dragged into the front yard used to be???
ah - sorry to announce, that's a panda ...
Old 07-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #20
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, poor November of twelve, we hardly knew ye...
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #21
GeoffC

we knew thee hardly;
break out the escape-pod
and let the phlebotomy begin ...
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #22
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
ah - sorry to announce, that's a panda ...
Oh, jeeps!! What am I going to do with a rotting panda in the front yard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ah, poor November of twelve, we hardly knew ye...
Oh ... that was it's name? Smells a bit. Should we do a service or something. Some kind of rites?? What religion are the Pandaborg anyway??

Quote:
we knew thee hardly;
break out the escape-pod
and let the phlebotomy begin ...
Oooooo .... phlebotomy!! Now yer speakin muh language!! (Runs and gets her tourniquet and 12 gauge needles.)
Old 07-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #23
GeoffC

Quote:
Oh, jeeps!! What am I going to do with a rotting panda in the front yard??

Oh ... that was it's name? Smells a bit. Should we do a service or something. Some kind of rites?? What religion are the Pandaborg anyway??

Oooooo .... phlebotomy!! Now yer speakin muh language!! (Runs and gets her tourniquet and 12 gauge needles.)
12 guage! - on a panda...
don't ya think that's over-kill (oh sorry 'bout t' pun)
Old 07-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
12 guage! - on a panda...
don't ya think that's over-kill (oh sorry 'bout t' pun)
Hell yes .... 12 gauge works on everything!! 12 gauge needles, 12 gauge shotgun .... just so long as it's 12 gauge, it's alllll good.

Gotta go to the hardware store again today. Be gone for most of the day ... then a party in about 7 hours ... so if'n you good folks don't see me today ... don't worry.

Taaaaa!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #25
GeoffC

Quote:
Hell yes .... 12 gauge works on everything!! 12 gauge needles, 12 gauge shotgun .... just so long as it's 12 gauge, it's alllll good.

Gotta go to the hardware store again today. Be gone for most of the day ... then a party in about 7 hours ... so if'n you good folks don't see me today ... don't worry.

Taaaaa!
don't forget to tidy the mess up, afore you go...
Old 07-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #26
JayCeeEll
Connoisseur
JayCeeEll doesn't litterJayCeeEll doesn't litterJayCeeEll doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Pssst, overhere. Do you have any matches?

I am building a glider in the atic and I could use more matches and custard. 12 guage wire would be good too, though not sure what for yet.

If you go to the back door for a smoke could you collect some matches for me. Or if you go into the village for some cigs could you get me a couple of boxes. I would go myself but at $300 a time to get out the back door I could only afford three trips to the village.

I have the tail done and the wings, if you decide to build you own make sure you use the custard within 12 hours otherwise is set as hard as concrete. I fell asleep last week with my hand in a bowl and I gnawed my left hand off at the wrist. Not sure why as it was my right hand stuck in the custard.

Got to go, if I do not watch out the elves eat all the custard and use the matches as toothpicks.
JayCeeEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #27
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCeeEll View Post
Pssst, overhere. Do you have any matches?

I am building a glider in the atic and I could use more matches and custard. 12 guage wire would be good too, though not sure what for yet.

If you go to the back door for a smoke could you collect some matches for me. Or if you go into the village for some cigs could you get me a couple of boxes. I would go myself but at $300 a time to get out the back door I could only afford three trips to the village.

I have the tail done and the wings, if you decide to build you own make sure you use the custard within 12 hours otherwise is set as hard as concrete. I fell asleep last week with my hand in a bowl and I gnawed my left hand off at the wrist. Not sure why as it was my right hand stuck in the custard.

Got to go, if I do not watch out the elves eat all the custard and use the matches as toothpicks.
Damned elves!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #28
JayCeeEll
Connoisseur
JayCeeEll doesn't litterJayCeeEll doesn't litterJayCeeEll doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Oh good pshrynk it is you, you are on the escape committe are you not?

Ignore the elves for a moment I have hidden the custard under the floorboards of the laundry van, they will never find it there. Big space I can get nearly 2000 gallons of custard in there.

Can I have a look down your tunnel for matches, I will have to bring the wings of my glider with me or the pixes will prop them against the outside walls and use them as slides. They are about 100 feet long and 20 feet wide, will that be a problem?
JayCeeEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #29
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCeeEll View Post
Oh good pshrynk it is you, you are on the escape committe are you not?

Ignore the elves for a moment I have hidden the custard under the floorboards of the laundry van, they will never find it there. Big space I can get nearly 2000 gallons of custard in there.

Can I have a look down your tunnel for matches, I will have to bring the wings of my glider with me or the pixes will prop them against the outside walls and use them as slides. They are about 100 feet long and 20 feet wide, will that be a problem?
Well, since it's a virtual tunnel, we can submit your plans to the subcommittee on aerial distractions and croquet tournament planning and they'll make any adjustments necessary. Are those things flammable?

oops. :weneedaflameemoti:

Last edited by pshrynk; 07-26-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #30
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I've got a couple of gyroscopes here if anyone wants one. I don't know as traveling in a straight line will help all that much, though. Especially out there. :shudder:
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness