Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #46
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Add to the arsenal of inane questions: "can you twirl it?". Of course I would have asked, "can you thump it with your shoe?"

That said, it does look nice, although... now that I see it, I'm not sure I like the big form factor. My 6" Sony Reader is a perfect size. (Queue up the size matters joke.):
The 8x11 size would be nice for my client docs, however, I would definitely wait until they have a color screen so that I could yellow highlight (or pink, or blue or green).

I would have asked, "Are there any parts that are edible?" You know ... sort of a go with what you know approach.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #47
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
more pics:

BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #48
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
So the flexibility is largely just to avoid problems of scaling up the conventional solid substrates that are used in the readers from Sony, Amazon, etc? If that's an enabler of larger screens, I'm all for it. I love my Sony for reading fiction but a larger device for reading the billions of PDFs that exist (and do so without conversion or reflow) would be excellent.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plasticlogic ereader