Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I've been a reading slump for most of the past six months. I've read books, but nowhere near what I usually do.
I try to keep short stories and reasonably "light" books waiting for me for whenever I grab the reader. No doorstoppers! I must be able to feel that I can finish a story even if I'm not completely focused. That's the great thing with readers: to be able to keep an assortment of books waiting. I don't keep hundreds of books on my device though. Especially when I'm in alumo I tend to just browse around and not actually start reading anything if I have too much to choose from. A few dozens (or less) is what I usually keep on the device.

Last edited by Asawi; 01-28-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'd say change what you read. If you usually read mysteries try Science Fiction or Fantasy, and so forth. Everyone gets tired of reading the same genre now and then, just as if they eat the same things all the time they'll get tired of whatever it is.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
Avoid long books. Pick an easy read, and change books if you do not love it. Do not keep going. I found short books in a series got me going again. My fall back is deathland books, they work for me such easy reads and nice and fast. When I have read a tombstone I tend to follow with one of those. They may not be your cup of tea, but any short books in a series works.

applesauce
I read the Deathlands, Mack Bolan, etc, books as palate cleansers too and they make perfect books for when you want to read but don't know what you're in the mood for.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #34
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've managed to finish one Blyton book and am almost finished with another of the Finder-Outers series. Wondering what to follow this with. I'm Blyton-ed out! Thanks for the short story recommendations, I used to read lots of Katherine Mansfield, Somerset Maugham and Roald Dahl (sp?) stories, but like to get my teeth into something and short stories don't really allow plot or characters to develop.

I'm considering "The Green Mummy" by Fergus Hume, which was downloaded from manybooks. The reviews suggest that this is a light mystery.
Or perhaps "What Katy Did" if I want to stay in the children's section?
Or maybe a Mills and Boon style romance, such as "The Wicked Earl" which came with the ereader!

There's just too much choice.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reading slump