Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
Flaco05
Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Aura HD, PRS-T1
Downloading books as gmail attchments

Good morning. Brand new owner of Aura HD here. Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but my search yielded nothing. My question is if I could e-mail myself an epub to my gmail account and then import it into my library via the browser. Tried it but no luck, so I wonder if there is a known trick or tweak to accomplish this. Downloading from Google Drive does not seem to work either.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit: I just realized this thread may be in the wrong sub-forum. Please accept my apologies and move to the correct forum if necessary.

Last edited by Flaco05; 12-27-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Flaco05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
If your goal is just to get your books onto your Aura without a USB connection, try the Calibre Content Server.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco05 View Post
Good morning. Brand new owner of Aura HD here. Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but my search yielded nothing. My question is if I could e-mail myself an epub to my gmail account and then import it into my library via the browser. Tried it but no luck, so I wonder if there is a known trick or tweak to accomplish this. Downloading from Google Drive does not seem to work either.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit: I just realized this thread may be in the wrong sub-forum. Please accept my apologies and move to the correct forum if necessary.
I use dropbox. It works perfectly.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
canpolat
Connoisseur
canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Xodo
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I use dropbox. It works perfectly.
Could you please explain how you use Dropbox? Do you visit dropbox.com and download the books? Have you set up a auto-sync functionality somehow?
canpolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by canpolat View Post
Could you please explain how you use Dropbox? Do you visit dropbox.com and download the books? Have you set up a auto-sync functionality somehow?
Copy your books in your dropbox folder from the PC. Then you can enter on your dropbox account from the browser of the reader, choose a book and downloaded automatically
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
If your goal is just to get your books onto your Aura without a USB connection, try the Calibre Content Server.

Actually using Calibre+Cops server is even better. Cops server (php script , you can find the link here on the forum) is much better and much secure in my view. I can download any book from my personal library anywhere in the world on my tablets or ereaders. Really do not mess with emailing or other awkward methods.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Or use Dropbox to back up calibre, and calibre2opds to create an html catalog which links to your books. See my sig.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura hd, gmail, google drive