Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Official Paperwhite Leather Cover

What are your thoughts on the new range of leather covers made especially to fit the Paperwhite?

It seems like the Kindle Keyboard in terms of how grainy it is, the later covers seem smoother.

What colour do you think matches the Black kindle best?

If anyone has any pics it as well that would be amazing!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I'm interested in this myself and would love to hear from some people who have received an Amazon cover with their Kindle PW. I generally prefer M-Edge covers (the Executive jacket). The last time I saw an Amazon Kindle cover, it looked and felt like cheap cardboard. Are the new ones any better?
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
New ones are much better. I like the magnetic closure, and unlike the K4 leather covers, the PW cover is textured leather. My K4 leather cover picked up lots of visible scratches, this one won't for sure. Downside is it feels heavier than the K4 cover. The PW is heavier as well, so together you can feel the extra heft.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
New ones are much better. I like the magnetic closure, and unlike the K4 leather covers, the PW cover is textured leather. My K4 leather cover picked up lots of visible scratches, this one won't for sure. Downside is it feels heavier than the K4 cover. The PW is heavier as well, so together you can feel the extra heft.
Agree.

I have the black one and really like it. It really complements the kindle.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The texture makes it feel sturdier, but it's pretty much the same as the Touch cover, which I have always liked. I do wish they would use brighter colors. The "royal purple" is more of an eggplant, darker than it appears on the Amazon product page. Sadly, my Kindle won't arrive until Friday.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The fuscia is very clearly pink. I want the ink blue one when i get mine
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are some pictures uploaded by buyers on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...x=0&isremote=0

Apparently the lilac coloured one in the pictures is described as "Royal Purple" ?! It doesn't resemble any of the available colours, it's hard to tell which are the official colour names.

Has some really positive reviews though!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The first few pics in your link look just like the color of my purple cover. The last two pics look completely different.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
route66
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The first few pics in your link look just like the color of my purple cover. The last two pics look completely different.
It's strange, I think it has been dyed because it's definitely not Fusia.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
haydenpup
haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here is a picture of the keyboard and PW covers. The PW is a finer grain and is "softer" than the keyboard cover. I really like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349315581030.jpg
Views:	2237
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	93353  
haydenpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
haydenpup
haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.haydenpup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here's a pic inside the cover next to the inside of my wife's previous generation special offer kindle. Inside the new cover is more of a fabric herringbone texture than the uniform felt lining on the older cover. It is thinner than the keyboard cover. I prefer the thinner cover so it isn't as bulky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349315938370.jpg
Views:	1984
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	93354  
haydenpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Here's a pic of my fuchsia cover. I love it. Super nice, streamlined design. I love the wake feature when opening too. I really think it's the perfect cover for the PW.

sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
route66
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Here's a pic of my fuchsia cover. I love it. Super nice, streamlined design. I love the wake feature when opening too. I really think it's the perfect cover for the PW.

Wow, that looks beautiful. I ordered the blue one but after having seen this one I think I might get pink instead..!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got the purple, and I love it, but in a dim room it is virtually indistinguishable from black and navy blue. So should I get a second one, I would get a brighter color. I like the orange!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
Cooling1978
Cooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
The case is awesome. It is a wonderful evolution of the Touch case. My only gripe is pretty trivial. I find the metal latch a little uncomfortable since it presses against my hand when I have the cover folded back during reading. I ordered the Persimmon one, expecting it to be orange based on the pics, but it is actually more of a red color with a subtle tinge of orange. I still love the color though! Highly recommended!
Cooling1978 is offline   Reply With Quote