Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
oldghost
oldghost began at the beginning.

Device: none
Underline disappearing for Chap headings

Converting from HTML to MOBI - Calibre v0.8.47 (tried with *.46 and *.44 also).

Chapter headings are normal "Chapter 1" "Chapter 2" etc. All with H1 tags which are set to 14pt, Bold, Underline, Centered, Space before 8pt. (Not sure what info is relevant)

When the conversion finishes, none of the chapter headings retain the 'underline' .. I looked through preferences for an odd setting that may affect it but could find none. Ideas? Bug?

Since I have your attention.

Same details as above, but h1, h2, and h3 are all used. When Calibre creates the ToC at the end of the book it has the h1 chapters left justified 0 indent. h2 is indented a little, h3 a little more. Any way to kill those indents it automatically tosses in?

Thank you for any help,
Steve
oldghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldghost View Post
Since I have your attention.

Same details as above, but h1, h2, and h3 are all used. When Calibre creates the ToC at the end of the book it has the h1 chapters left justified 0 indent. h2 is indented a little, h3 a little more. Any way to kill those indents it automatically tosses in?

Thank you for any help,
Steve
Calibre is working correctly here.
Using a mix h1, h2, h3 are the signals for a indented TOC is wanted
Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Part 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
oldghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre is working correctly here.
Using a mix h1, h2, h3 are the signals for a indented TOC is wanted
Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Part 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Oh I know Calibre is working as intended for that portion, and I need to use h1, h2, and h3 for the different styles, but I was hoping there was a way to tell Calibre not to indent them when it forms the ToC. No way to do that I take it?

Thank you
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Oh I know Calibre is working as intended for that portion, and I need to use h1, h2, and h3 for the different styles, but I was hoping there was a way to tell Calibre not to indent them when it forms the ToC. No way to do that I take it?

Thank you
You need to use (edit) the Stylesheet to change the Font Size
Using H tags for size is so 90's
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
oldghost

Smile

Just to add a resolution to this post - This issue got fixed in the next version, v0.8.48

Quote:
Converting from HTML to MOBI - Calibre v0.8.47 (tried with *.46 and *.44 also).

Chapter headings are normal "Chapter 1" "Chapter 2" etc. All with H1 tags which are set to 14pt, Bold, Underline, Centered, Space before 8pt. (Not sure what info is relevant)

When the conversion finishes, none of the chapter headings retain the 'underline' .. I looked through preferences for an odd setting that may affect it but could find none. Ideas? Bug?
Advert