Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Xisco
Xisco began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook pro 902
PB 902 Hangs on. Boot problems.

Sorry for my English (google translator).

Greetings all, I've been looking a long time in the forum to see if there was any solution to my problem. I have not found any post in which case a similar problem to mine.

I have a PB pro 902, when I used for the first time (30 minutes) got a few books in the micro SD memory. The system is going off to not use the ebook for a while. That's what happened. The surprise was that I was attempting to turn left hanging. The device gets the black screen and green LED lit until the battery runs out. I tried to reset , shortcut keys (HOME + POWER) and remove the battery a few hours and nothing.

When I reset the device the screen flashes but finally goes to black. If anyone has any suggestions or something similar happened appreciate a comment.

Thanks and best regards.
Xisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
alegeott
alegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it is

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603 (Leggo IBS)
try this: "If the battery gets deeply discharged, the device will not react to the connection of the charger and you will not be able to switch it on. Do not despair.
Connect the device to charger and press reset button. The device will boot and will start charging."

http://www.pocketbook-shop.de/index....emid=5&lang=en
alegeott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Xisco

I uploaded a short video to youtube for you saw that happening to my device.

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y94VKJvhda8
Old 10-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Try to reflash the FW
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #5
Xisco

What is the FW ?

How i can do that ?

Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Xisco, FW stands for "Firmware".

But first of all to troll05's question: did you charge your device before using it for the first time? And after your problem arose, did you charge your device (for a good few hours, say 8)?

Moreover, from your video I think you are trying to reset to quickly, you should give it a couple of minutes. But before everything else, you should make sure your device is fully charge (and apparently the first charge is also important).

Secondly, do you know the version of firmware installed on your device?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Xisco

First of all, thanks for replying.

I had not loaded the device before it hangs.

Do not know what version of firmaware have, but I bought last week.

The other day I was charging the battery for 6 hours, but apparently not enough.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
- Take the sd card out and start it again
- If this doesn't work: to refresh the firmware. Copy firmware 2.06 from the Pocketbook site to the sd-card and install it by simultaneously pressing page forward and backward.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
Xisco

I've already tried everything:

I have had charging the unit until 12 hours, without battery 4 hours, I've tried all combinations of keys (POWER + HOUSE and BACK & FORWARD for reflash), I put the firmware in the SD, I've tried it without SD and the Sd inserted, and the result is always the same. Nothing
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
Kameelpeerd
Kameelpeerd began at the beginning.

Device: 902
I have exactly the same:
when trying to switch on, the screen flashes a couple of times white, then black, then white, then black and remains black. The green led stays on. The device remains invisible for my compu.
I tried many combinations of key presses and resets, but to no avail.
The only way to get the green led off is to press the OK button (centre of navigation button) and reset.
I do not have a suitable sd card to try and load the FW, but am pretty sure the latest version is loaded. The device is charged
Kameelpeerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
krzaq
krzaq began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 903, sony prs-t1
Hi,

Not sure if that help you but I had something similar yesterday. I've connected pb 903 to a computer and started uploading few ebooks to sd card. Computer lost the sdcard so I've disconnected the device. I couldn't see any ebooks (no favorites, nothing under read ebooks). The led was glowing all the time.
I couldn't shut down the reader so I've reseted it. I couldn't also turn it on (led was glowing but nothing else happened).

I've opened the device (using scotch tape). I've removed the battery and during the device was turned off I've also removed the sdcard.
I've tried to start the device without sdcard and it worked so I've restarted it once again and plugged the sdcard.

It has been working fine since then.
krzaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #12
Kameelpeerd
Kameelpeerd began at the beginning.

Device: 902
does not work for me, sorry. But thanks for your reply!
I contacted customer support and they told me to send it back to them, so that is what I am going to do.
Kameelpeerd is offline   Reply With Quote