Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Book Scanning

After looking thru most of the posts in this forum, there doesn't seem to be a clear consenus on the best way to scan and convert a book to an ebook. Lots of choices in scanners and software but the main thread running thru all of it is that there will be multiple errors.

I will soon be moving to the Philippines where I can hire a data entry person for $60 per month to type whatever I like. It just doesn't seem reasonable for me to deal with the hassle of a book converter system.

So the first book I think I will convert for my own use, is Nightmares and Gazeenstacks by Fredric Brown. After that, I will have to take a look.

Lordblacknail
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
After looking thru most of the posts in this forum, there doesn't seem to be a clear consenus on the best way to scan and convert a book to an ebook. Lots of choices in scanners and software but the main thread running thru all of it is that there will be multiple errors.

I will soon be moving to the Philippines where I can hire a data entry person for $60 per month to type whatever I like. It just doesn't seem reasonable for me to deal with the hassle of a book converter system.

So the first book I think I will convert for my own use, is Nightmares and Gazeenstacks by Fredric Brown. After that, I will have to take a look.

Lordblacknail
Depends on the speed and accuracy of the typist and the length of the work day but that does sound like it could be a viable option. You would still need to convert the typed results to one of the e-book formats for the best results on a reader but that usually isn't a problem.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert