Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Kittens ~N~ Kindles.

I have a very busy rambunctious 3 month old kitten that has figured out how to pounce on my Kindle and change the page. I'm not sure what the allure is for her, it is not like a computer and a flashing cursor, or any of the other numerous things a computer does that would attract a kitten. I wonder if there is a hum we cannot detect or what? Anyway, usually she just manages to move it a page or two forwards or backwards, however sometimes she has managed to switch books entirely. It makes Kindle reading interesting at times.

I should read these forums more often as I know my questions would already be answered... I find I am spending WAY too much on reading material right now, and then I find we have libraries available!? Can someone point a non-tech geek in the right direction?

I got all fluttery when I heard the Kindle 2 was out, but that whole battery thing... nope! Not for me! I could not bear to be without my Kindle for that long! Also the slick back would be a guaranteed disaster! The kitten would see to that if my normal klutziness did not do it!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You realize you have to get a video of this
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
You realize you have to get a video of this
Heh, I myself clicked on the thread in hopes of finding photos of kittens & kindles...

krisk; That is too cute...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
try putting you Kindle to sleep before you set it down.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
try putting you Kindle to sleep before you set it down.
Oh no! she does it when it is IN my hand! I end up flat on my back with my arm fully extended above me, or the hand dangling off the side of the bed to try to avoid her! Right this instant, the laptop is kind of angled off the side of my leg, partially resting on the bed. Said kitten is completely crashed out in my lap. Keys are clattering away, she couldn't care less. 10 minutes ago there was an all out assault on my kindle in my hand (oh the war wounds I have!)

Haha! I hadn't thought of pictures of the wily kitten warrior! I'll see what I can do!

Anyway... library?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
krist, remember the basic rule: "Cats Is Weird"

Terrible choice, getting rid of a kitten or a Kindle, but that may be the only solution. Does the kitten attack paper books too?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
you need to purchase an additional Kindle and sprinkle catnip on it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
should read these forums more often as I know my questions would already be answered... I find I am spending WAY too much on reading material right now, and then I find we have libraries available!? Can someone point a non-tech geek in the right direction?
I think you will find the visual wiki a great help for how to get library ebooks.
Here is a link. If you get stuck anywhere, just give a meow
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Visual_Kindle_Guide
cheers

Last edited by Leep; 02-14-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: add url
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
krist, remember the basic rule: "Cats Is Weird"

Terrible choice, getting rid of a kitten or a Kindle, but that may be the only solution. Does the kitten attack paper books too?
Naw! I'll hang onto both and wear my battle scars proudly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
LOL!

Thanks Leep!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard

I guess I need to find my cord and hook my Kindle up to do this huh?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Anyway... library?
Check out the Wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries

Add one if you find one that isn't there.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I like that idea, the ol' bait and switch.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Too funny!

My youngest cat is very jealous of my iPhone and laptop if I'm holding one of them and not him, and will push his way in until I pay attention to him instead. I'm sure the Kindle will join that list when it arrives!
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Mine nibbles on the corner and the case while I read. She also likes to chew on the booklight. Sometimes she gets the entire head of the light in her mouth so her little face looks like it's glowing a bit. She's a silly one.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #15
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My cat will jump up onto the bed and pounce on the Kindle. Generally, I have to pull the covers up so just the Kindle sticks out because he wants to get my hands and inevitably changes the page. I would love to see a video of your Kindle attacks though
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote