Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #811
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I wonder why publishers embed a free font such as Charis. I can understand embedding the one that was used in the paper book, but when using some free font, there's no difference between Charis or any other. On some readers, it just prevents people from using their preferred font, which is just plain stupid.
If your eBook has any extended characters, then you cannot be sure they will display as some ADE versions have a limited default font. So that's one reason. Another reason is Charis SIL actually looks better then most ADE default fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #812
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Hello.

Please, one question.

Has anybody got a link to a font palatino of this paperwhite?

I really like it, but i want it a little more bold.

Thanks!
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #813
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Palatino at size 3.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #814
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Hello.

Please, one question.

Has anybody got a link to a font palatino of this paperwhite?

I really like it, but i want it a little more bold.

Thanks!
I sent you the tutorial via PM on how to extract the PW's font.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #815
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Palatino at size 3.
Same here.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #816
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
My KIndle PW fonts ....

I wanted to share with you how my kindle looks like .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_07_13T13_17_54+0302.png
Views:	595
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	108201  
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #817
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Pretty Cool @arad26 how do you remove the other default font?
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #818
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
Pretty Cool @arad26 how do you remove the other default font?
I asked on the forum also and someone helped me with this. Here it is : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=420
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #819
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I asked on the forum also and someone helped me with this. Here it is : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=420
Thanks
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #820
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
What software do you use to modify fonts? I run Windows 8 and noticed that FontForge crashes once per minute. Thank you for any input on this.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #821
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

I successfully installed the Cygwin version of FontForge for Windows. I am trying to edit a few fonts, to look better on my Kindle Paperwhite. I use the Change Glyph option with a setting of 125%. However, in more than one occasion, I got warnings on changing the point settings for glyphs and as such the glyph instructions being removed. Should I ignore such warnings, or should I work with Change Weight instead. Thank you.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #822
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
You should probably change the font weight. The weight of a font determines its boldness.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #823
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I wanted to share with you how my kindle looks like .
Hello

need jailbreak kindle to do this?

Thank you
gouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #824
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouni View Post
Hello

need jailbreak kindle to do this?

Thank you
To add fonts, nope. To make extra fonts not show, yep...(not hard to do!)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #825
hfpop
Addict

Hello,

I put on my Kindle Paperwhite DejaVu Sans + DejaVu Sans Condensed and DejaVu Serif + DejaVu Serif Condensed. After the regular reboot, my kindle only shows the Sans and Serif fonts, without the Condensed fonts. Is this the right action, or I am missing something here?

Thank you for making this clear for me.

Later edit: I removed both sets Serif and Sans and allowed only the two condensed sets. They appeared on kindle, with the name without 'Condensed', but it is my opinion that they were not displayed as condensed fonts.

Any comments, please?

Last edited by hfpop; 08-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.