Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
sorry,i have the italian K4,it's black and without advertisement. Or you mean something other? sorry but i was thinking that there is only one k4
Italian versions of the hardware?
In the US there are 4 K4 models (they don't use 4 in their names, just to confuse )

K4 Non Touch
K4 Touch (now called paperwhite?) in 3G or WiFi models
K4 Fire
Kindle Keyboard
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #17
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
my is the K4 no touch no 3g. Sorry i was thinking that for K4 it's meaning my versione,and not all family with pw,fire ad keyboard:
this is my:

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B007...rd_i=426865031

it's the version in USA without offers

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-24-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
my is the K4 no touch no 3g. Sorry i was thinking that for K4 it's meaning my versione,and not all family with pw,fire ad keyboard:
this is my:

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B007...rd_i=426865031

it's the version in USA without offers
ok it is a K4NT

That behaves more like the K3

read the one about Kindle/Kobo and try the plugboard
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...21&postcount=1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #19
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

i have tried on my desktop with calibre .24 64-bit,and on my netbook with .23 32-bit but nothing to do
i have copied both this:
Quote:
I have been playing around with the Metadata plugboards to get the titles on a Kindle 3 to show series information. I used the following template:
format: mobi
device: kindle2
template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
destination: title

This works very nicely for books that are part of a series e.g.:

Quote:
A Song of Ice & Fire - 01 - A Game of Thrones
A Song of Ice & Fire - 02 - A Clash of Kings
A Song of Ice & Fire - 03 - A Storm of Swords
A Song of Ice & Fire - 04 - A Feast for Crows
i tried also to change format and device,and set any format,any device. But it doesn't work
and this:
Quote:
format: mobi
device: kindle2
template: {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
destination: title
I had sended all ebook dragging them on kindle icon
nothing work on my two pc with different version of calibre

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-25-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #20
Ansem_93
Zealot

sorry for the double post, but i want recap all the information the i can give you:

device: kindle 4 Non touch
Firmware: 4.1.1 (1813030025)
Special offers: no
jailbreack: no

This is the list of all options that i had tried in all the possibile combination:
calibre version used: 0.9.24 64-bit.0.9.23 32-bit(both windows)
format: mobi(new, old, both) , azw3, any format
device: kindle2, any device
template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}, {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
destination: title, title_sort
mothod for sending: "send to device" button, dragging the book on "device" button

this is all i can say,if anyone can understand what's my problem I'll be glad

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-26-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Just to make sure, are you pressing both Save plugboard, and then Apply (upper left corner) before closing the Preferences window?
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Ansem_93
Zealot

abviusly.

I had also tried to send a book to my galaxy S3 I9305 with stock rom 4.1.2,but it faild.
Just for sure,this is the template that i had used to send to galaxy s3(and also with kindle):
Spoiler:

i tried this beacause i was thinnking that maybe the problem is in the kindle,but now i'm pretty sure that the problem is in calibre (don't know if a bug or a my mistake)
Old 03-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #23
Ansem_93
Zealot

i did the last test with lubuntu 12.10 and calibre 0.9.24 32-bit. This is what i did:
-install calibre
-set it for kindle touch/1-4
-add this book:
Spoiler:

-create the rules:
Spoiler:

-connect my kindle 4NT
-grab the book on kindle icon,and convert it while it sending(I always convert with default options)
NOT WORK
-try with mobi new and than send
NOT WORK
-try with mobi both and than send
NOT WORK
-try with AZW3 and than send
NOT WORK

-change the rules and set "any format","any davice" and then retry with mobi old and both
NOT WORK

-i would try to send the original epub to my galaxy s3,like i did on my desktop with with windows and calibre 0.9.24 64-bit,but lubuntu didn't recognize my galaxy :/

This is all i did. if i forgot sometghing please tell me but for me it's a bug of calibre,i have no other explanation beacause this procedure didn't work with kindle,and on desktop with windows it didn't work also with galaxy s3

p.s. sorry for the lot of post

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-26-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #24
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
This has probably been said, but just to be clear if you converted the book to a Kindle format and had MOBI file type as both (see attached) then plugboards will never work for that book. You must select MOBI file type as old or new for plugboards to work on that book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobi_output.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	103464  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #25
Ansem_93
Zealot

searching in old post i discover that the plugbiard didn't change the title on calibre like i was thinking. So For see if it's work i must see on kindle.
I alawys sen only on calibre .-. sorry for the lot of trouble .-.
p.s. i suggest to add this "little" detail at the guide,beacause i seen that i'm not the only one that fall in this trap

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-26-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre in debug mode, the debug log might give you a clue as to what you're doing wrong.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #27
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ok,so the both test are useless :/ but i had tried all (See me preview post) and with all of this the plugboard didn't work
Many times folks think they are changing the settings and reconverting a book differently, but altering the conversion settings in the main preferences does not change the per book conversions setting that have been previously used for a book.

I have no experience with converting during the Send to device feature so I am not sure if the saved settings are always used for the conversion, I suspect they are.

As Kovid said run it in debug mode, hopefully the log will shed some light.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:59 AM   #28
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
searching in old post i discover that the plugbiard didn't change the title on calibre like i was thinking. So For see if it's work i must see on kindle.
p.s. i suggest to add this "little" detail at the guide,beacause i seen that i'm not the only one that fall in this trap
it works. the problem it was me that i thought that the plugboard change the names of the files,so i will see if it work from calibre,not only from kindle.

I'm really sorry for the lot of trouble..
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #29
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
it works. the problem it was me that i thought that the plugboard change the names of the files,so i will see if it work from calibre,not only from kindle.

I'm really sorry for the lot of trouble..
I'm glad you have it all sorted out now.

Quote:
The guide does say "Metadata Plugboard" which implies that metadata is changed. Further down it talks about Filename change using Save templates.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-26-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Just for completeness in case someone else stumbles upon this thread, the documentation for templates and plugboards says explicitly that plugboards change metadata in the book, not file names.
Quote:
Plugboards affect the metadata written into the book when it is saved to disk or written to the device. Plugboards do not affect the metadata used by save to disk and send to device to create the file names. Instead, file names are constructed using the templates entered on the appropriate preferences window.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, plugboard, series name