Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Puzzled by android math on internal drive space

I just moved Audible to external card, which is close to 5 GB used space! I did tell the App to store in external drive, but it still showed up in internal drive.

Here is what my drive says now:

Samsung internal drive
339.4 mb available
used 5.04 gb
5.38 capacity

android 21.1 mb
backups 113.6 mb
DCIM 573 kb
ebooks 16 kb
external sd 49 kb
fonts 4.8 mb
image 1.6 mb
mantano 6.9 mb
manual-pcprogram 77.8 mb

How can that be?

Is there a way to cleanup the wasted space? Maybe I am math challenged

Last edited by new; 12-08-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: TYPOS as always
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It fixed itself.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
It fixed itself.
When I was an aircraft technician and then even later when I flew, we had an expression for such cases.

There would be a problem. A definite problem.
We would look at it and ponder and study the manuals and ask people questions, and then "Kaboom" it was O.K. though we really never did anything that we knew of.

We called that an "RBI."

"Repair by Inspection."

Glad to be able to help.

SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Repair by Inspection. Haha. That's amusing.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
When I was an aircraft technician and then even later when I flew, we had an expression for such cases.

There would be a problem. A definite problem.
We would look at it and ponder and study the manuals and ask people questions, and then "Kaboom" it was O.K. though we really never did anything that we knew of.

We called that an "RBI."

"Repair by Inspection."

Glad to be able to help.

That sounds scarey when dealing with a airplance, but a little android malfunction puts in all in perspective.

If it were the IS&T Dept. they would say reboot it. That was always their fix.

Actually that is what I did, unplug look at it, plug look at, again, repeat.