Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Second lockup since 708

Had my second lockup on my Cybook Gen3 last night since I upgraded to version 708. Reboot didn't solve it, charging + reboot didn't solve it. Ended up unplugging the battery & replugging it to solve the problem.

Interesting discovery when I opened the battery compartment. Two of the screws (those inside the battery compartment) were not just loose but fell out on my desk. It was obvious where they came from, apparently were used to tighten the main board to the case. They did not appear to be stripped and tightened correctly.

I am not sure the loose screws (no pun intended & they were on the Cybook, not on me) had anything to do with the lockup but it was an interesting coincidence if they were not related to it.

Anyone else experienced this?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I've had the lockup problem with 708, but no loose screws (at least none in my Cybook )
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I am not sure the loose screws (no pun intended & they were on the Cybook, not on me) had anything to do with the lockup but it was an interesting coincidence if they were not related to it.

Just had a look, no loose screws here. And I don't think those screws could have done anything bad, I didn't see any exposed circuits in there that could have been shorted. Just my two cents
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I've had the lockup problem with 708, but no loose screws (at least none in my Cybook )
Same here. It has locked up twice now since upgrading to 708 (a hang on the first boot screen), but a power cycle fixed it in both cases.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
tzutolin
Connoisseur
tzutolin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I ran into the same circumstance for two times.

I simply reset the device, then maybe after 5 to 8 seconds, it turned off. After turning it on again, everything went fine. Not sure what caused this problem to be happened.

David
tzutolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've had the lockup more than twice. Every time, for the moment, it has been enough to reset and turn on, but I can imagine it's possible that it locks up again and I have to reset multiple times.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
stxopher
Nameless Being

Darn, I was hoping that that would be a cure for mine. (8 resets in less than a week). Unfortunately, structurally it's fine.

Guess I'll have to keep blaming the local power company for making "incompatible" electricity for international appliances. (Come on, I have to blame somebody!)
Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Just had a second lockup with 708 as well. Hitting the reset and then powering it back on brought it back both times. In both cases, the gen3 was simply displaying a page from a book and the problem discovered when attempting to advance to the next page.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Bookeen recommended I re-flash the 708...so far seems OK...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #10
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
I've also had two lockups, with the need to reset both times, under 708. At least the reset works fine for me! (So far!)
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I lost the accounts of the time that cybook lockup with 708. If the synchronization after my cybook lockup.

I tried to solve the problem with several options. Until now not solved.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Bookeen recommended I re-flash the 708...so far seems OK...
as mentioned in another thread, my freeze after re-charge has returned...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 AM   #13
khnam
khnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy bluekhnam can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H20; Bookeen Cybook
After hearing lots of complaints about the new firmware, i think it's best to stick with the original 1.0.681 little longer
khnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:46 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not everyone is experiencing these lock-up issues. I haven't had any myself.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #15
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
The firmware that I installed on my Cybook is the same as all other users installed on their devices.

or the problem is something outside the Cybook, or the problem are the Cybooks for some users.

In my case I believe the problem is the card (Kingston 2GB). Where sync / copy my books for the cards, the structure of directories presents problem (corrupted files Scandisk).

Currently I am using only the internal memory of the Cybook and has 2 days that does not present problem of "frozen screen."

One question.

Someone uses card 2GB of Kingston in its Cybook?
junior is offline   Reply With Quote