Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
FictionWise Great Store, Horrible Customer Service

Hi All

Has anybody ever tried to contact FictionWise. I like the store, they have a decent selection and their prices are fairly reasonable if you include their sales/rebates/club discount.

However their customer support seems lacking. I cannot find a Phone # to contact them about errors on their account.
Further more they do not respond to emails. I'm nearing 1 week and I still have not gotten a response.

Question is this an isolated instance or have other folks had no luck from hearing from FictionWise

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
When i had a problem with a downloaded book, i got a response after about 48 hours. I am in a totally different time zone though.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
When my reader burned last week, they were super. Check your "spam" or "junk" folders. My responses from them went there instead of the "inbox."
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
However their customer support seems lacking. I cannot find a Phone # to contact them about errors on their account.
Further more they do not respond to emails. I'm nearing 1 week and I still have not gotten a response.

Question is this an isolated instance or have other folks had no luck from hearing from FictionWise

=X=
I've been ignored as well. There is a problem with their bulk download. Every time I've tried to use it, it misses some of the ebooks that should have been included. I've sent several emails, no response.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
I've had a few instances where it took them too long to fix a problem. In one case, I purchased a book, and the download file was the wrong book, even after several different attempts at downloading. Seems like it should be a simple fix, they claim they had to get the correct file from the publisher (it was a James Patterson best seller, I cannot believe I was the only one with that problem), and it took them more than six weeks to correct it.

On the other hand, they were always responsive when I requested a status. I never emailed them without getting a response by the next day.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
I bought books during the April Fool's sale, but wasn't immediately credited with the promised micropay dollars. I emailed them right away. By the next day, my account had been credited and they emailed me to notify me.

I've also had great experiences (polite, helpful and prompt) contacting Ebookwise about my ebook reader when it was damaged.

Did you use the contact form on the site? If so and that's where the problem was, my only other suggestion is the official yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fictionwise/
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've been ignored as well. There is a problem with their bulk download. Every time I've tried to use it, it misses some of the ebooks that should have been included. I've sent several emails, no response.
I may have had that problem too, but I got a response (but it was a couple of weeks ago.) They said their bulk download was limited to 100 at a time, and I had about 150 on my shelf at the time.

Try selecting by date or such to break into lumps of less than 100 books.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thank you all for the replies.

I sent them another email today and they did respond today. Not the answer I expected, but I'm sure well work this out.

Updated:
I re-read their email and checked the numbers they where correct. It was the way they handled their rebates and coupons that threw me off. In the end I was given a better deal than I though.

Thanks all and thank you fictionwise

Last edited by =X=; 04-18-2008 at 02:37 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:24 AM   #9
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I have to admit that I've only had good experiences with them, once an eReader book I bought a while ago wasn't available anymore so they replaced I'd with the LIT version with no questions asked
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
I may have had that problem too, but I got a response (but it was a couple of weeks ago.) They said their bulk download was limited to 100 at a time, and I had about 150 on my shelf at the time.

Try selecting by date or such to break into lumps of less than 100 books.
I was downloading in quantites around 60, so that's not it. But thatnk you for telling me about the limit, I didn't know.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Only recently, within the past month, have I become a customer of Fictionwise.

I'm extremely happy with their service and with their pricing, in addition to their pricing incentives.

Also, it's nice to be able to get most of the Nebula nominees for free.

They've always been very courteous to me and very helpful.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have contacted them only two times. Once they responded the next day and the other time it was within a few hours. Both times to my satisfaction.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
well,I at first couldn't find a "contact" to Amazon either.You sure it's not there?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobolover View Post
well,I at first couldn't find a "contact" to Amazon either.You sure it's not there?
Hi Loboblover:

I believe we're talking about Fictionwise and not Amazon - unless I've misunderstood your post?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #15
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
yes,I know.But im only using it as an EXAMPLE,though I realise I didn't make it ALL that clear-basicly,I couldn't find said e-mail,telephone,even if I looked for more then two hours.Im saying this may be the case.Also,has the person asking asked an email,which is used for answering?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote