Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #16
duns
Connoisseur
duns began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
All done, but not working

Done all, but not working: I get always the same error message.
Code:
duns@duns-neos:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages$ ls -l|grep lxml                  
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root   4096 ott 19 21:37 lxml
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root   4096 ott 19 21:23 lxml-4.0.0.egg-info
Added that path in .bashrc, as following:
Code:
# enable programmable completion features (you don't need to enable
# this, if it's already enabled in /etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile
# sources /etc/bash.bashrc).
if ! shopt -oq posix; then
  if [ -f /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion ]; then
    . /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion
  elif [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
    . /etc/bash_completion
  fi
fi
export PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages"
Maybe I have too many Python on my kubuntu?
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	159806

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-04-2017 at 08:38 AM.
duns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by duns View Post
Maybe I have too many Python on my kubuntu?
It's possible I guess. I certainly don't think python 3.7 is standard on 17.10. You may not have a stable python3 environment at this point.

In any case, you need to verify that lxml is working properly outside of Sigil. Until it does, we probably can't be much help. From a terminal, you should be able to start an interactive python shell with:

Code:
python3
Verify which version of python is being used and then use:
(pressing enter after each command)

Code:
import sys
Code:
from lxml import etree
and see if the import is successful.

Then print your sys.path and report back the results

Code:
print(sys.path)
Exit the interactive python shell with:

Code:
exit()

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-26-2017 at 08:29 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 01:29 AM   #18
duns
Connoisseur

Thank you. This is the output:
Code:
duns@duns-neos:~$ python3
Python 3.6.3 (default, Oct  3 2017, 21:45:48) 
[GCC 7.2.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> from lxml import etree
>>> print(sys.path)
['', '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages', '/usr/lib/python36.zip', '/usr/lib/python3.6', '/usr/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload', '/home/duns/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages', '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages', '/usr/lib/python3.6/dist-packages']
>>> exit
It seems no error messages...
Old 10-27-2017, 06:35 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You didn't happen to dabble with the -DPKG_SYSTEM_PYTHON cmake option when compiling Sigil did you? Setting it to 1 would certainly cause what you're seeing. Otherwise, Sigil should be using the exact same python paths/modules that you just demonstrated were configured properly.

Or perhaps you used the -DPYTHON_LIBRARY (and/or -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR, -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE) cmake options to specify a different python than your standard one when initially configuring Sigil?
Old 10-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #20
duns
Connoisseur

No, DiapDealer, I did not set anything, I executed brutally the instructions which had worked with Kubuntu 17.04 (in docs "Building_on_cutting_edge_Linux.md"). In effect, after upgrading to 17.10, I tried installing sigil from synaptic, and then (because nothing changed) I have recompiled from modified sources of Sigil 0.98, and all was right, except at command "sudo make install" I got a lot of strange messages:
Code:
-- Up-to-date: /a/different/install/prefix/lib/sigil/sigil
-- Up-to-date: /a/different/install/prefix/bin/sigil
-- Up-to-date: /a/different/install/prefix/lib/sigil/libhunspell.so
-- Up-to-date: /a/different/install/prefix/lib/sigil/libsigilgumbo.so
-- Up-to-date: /a/different/install/prefix/share/applications/sigil.desktop
-- Up-to-date: /a/different/install/prefix/share/pixmaps/sigil.png
and so
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

That's definitely odd. You're saying "make install" is updating portions of Sigil in locations other than /usr/local/ (the default prefix if following the directions)? If that's the case, I recommend doing a purge of any and all Sigil files and starting the configure/build process over again.

sudo apt-get remove sigil
(will remove any repository installed version of Sigil)

If you custom-built Sigil v0.9.8 with the default prefix (/usr/local) you will need to remove the following files/directories (adjust accordingly if you specified a different prefix):

/usr/local/bin/sigil (the launch script)
/usr/local/share/pixmaps/sigil.png (the sigil icon file)
/usr/local/share/applications/sigil.desktop (the xdg desktop file)
/usr/local/share/sigil/ (the sigil support directory)
/usr/local/lib/sigil/ (directory that contains the sigil binary and third-party libraries)

NOTE: that's three files and two directories to be removed.

Empty the build directory you used to build Sigil in and start over with the cmake command (make note of which Python version the cmake configuration finds. If it's not 3.6.3, we may need to do some tweaking).

I have some family coming in this weekend so I may not be able to respond as quickly or as often as is necessary, but I'll be back. I'm not giving up.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #22
duns
Connoisseur

Done! All OK! Solved!! Thank you very much!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Glad to help.