Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #706
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Okay, so how many minutes are there in a 'next episode due shortly?'
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #707
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
So... The cat doesn't talk...

And?

What got its tongue?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #708
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Harv was looking at his hand and wondering if he'd gotten the tell right on Howard Hughes. The man was one giant twitch and every time he looked at the mark in the pot that represented his plane, it got worse. He thought he had the dame figured out. She had a tell of lightly chewing the inside of her lower lip when she was bluffing and her right ear moved slightly when she had a great hand. Otherwise she was stone cold. Right now, she was moving her lower lip in a fashion that suggested she was about to bluff herself naked. Which, come to think of it, wasn't a bad idea, either.

"Boss!" came a voice from near the floor. "We gotta get out of here!"

"Not now, Vivaldi. We're in the middle of a hand."

"We're going to be in the middle of our own guts if we don't get going!"

"What's got your pants on fire?"

The small grey dog looked around at his butt. "I don't wear pants! But if they were on fire, I would sure as heck be on my way out the door, rather than hanging around in here."

"Shh!" said the humans at the table.

Harv looked back at this hand and waited for the dealer to flip out the last card. He was already holding a full house, aces over Kings, so he was pretty confident in his odds. He was a bit more concerned with the dealer, however. He'd never actually seen a squid dealing cards before. He had thought that they were mostly aquatic creatures and didn't communicate all that well.

This one, however, was giving him the impression that he was saying, "Well, I realize that this role would be better be served by a skinny man with a green visor on, smoking a cigarette and wearing garters on his sleeves, but there you have it. Personally, I'm going to be calling my agent right after we get done with this scene."*

Harv was starting to worry about his sanity.

*Squid don't talk much, but are very emotive.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #709
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, no one reads this any more?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #710
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hallelujah !!!! new episodes !!!!! ô happy day !!!

now what's the story with that non-talking cat, i wonder ?

all right pshwynk, where's the next episode ? i've read these new ones now and they just left me wanting more...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #711
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
So, no one reads this any more?
Bah! You creatives...so needy.

'Course I read it. These days it's some of the only stuff I read.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #712
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's been left on a shelf so long I kinda forgot the story and I don't get it anymore. But it sure reads like déjà-vu. (damned accents added)

Maybe I should re-read it again or maybe should the author...

Oh, I know! An inspirational recap like the starting lines of a sequel would be enticing. How 'bout it?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #713
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
It's been left on a shelf so long I kinda forgot the story and I don't get it anymore. But it sure reads like déjà-vu. (damned accents added)

Maybe I should re-read it again or maybe should the author...

Oh, I know! An inspirational recap like the starting lines of a sequel would be enticing. How 'bout it?
just do what i do, read the whole thread ! it makes the pleasure last longer, too.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #714
pshrynk

Howard Hughes was very worried. He had bet heavily and had put his airplane in as a marker and there was only one more card to be drawn. Everything rested on this one card. Not two cards, or three, or four... STOP!

He glanced at his hand again. Ace, King, Jack, ten of spades. Just the Queen and he would have his first royal flush of his life. He began to sweat. He felt as if his entire future happiness rested on just one card turning up the way he needed it to be. Just one card.

He began to worry about how he would get back home if he lost the Goose. Some way would be arranged, obviously. There were tramp steamers in and out of the port of Havana all the time. If it were too much, he could wire for funds. But he couldn't think about that right now. Now he needed to be thinking of that last card and the possibility that it might be the Queen of spades.

Dear Lord, he thought, just let this card fall my way, and I'll do anything that you want me to. Of course, I would need to have some verification that what you want me to do is, in fact, coming from you. Maybe a priest could sort of come up to my penthouse and let me know, You know that promise you made in Havana? Well God wants you to build an orphanage for children of Civil War veterans. I'm not really sure why he wants you to be gathering eighty year old men and women into a big building out in the country, but that's what he said. Come to think of it, why not just send a telegram? Sometimes it's hard to get by my security. Well, all right, most of the time it is impossible to get by my security. Except for that one time with the guy who wanted me to build a giant airplane made out of plywood. And that's another thing, why do all the crazy people have to find me? Couldn't you send some over to FDR? I mean really, the man is ruining our country with all this New Deal crap.

Hughes was startled back to reality when he saw out of the corner of his eye that the squid was flipping over the final card.

And just why was there a benthic cephalopod dealing the cards at this game?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #715
zelda_pinwheel

a "benthic cephalopod" ??? watch your tongue mister ! there are ladies present you know.

all right it's been 3 days now. quite trying to torture us with curiosity (yes, it's working). what the hell is that card ?????
Old 08-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #716
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OF Course WE Read this ! HOW dare YOU say OTherwIse !!!!!!!

knock

kjnock ....

knock ... nock
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #717
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

:bzzzzzzzz..............................glopglopgl opglopglop.......................bzzzzzzzz:

(bar fly drinking)
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #718
pshrynk

Vera looked at her cards again. She had crap. Maybe if the Queen of spades came up, she'd have a straight. But the odds were pretty much against that. But the pilot was possibly bluffing. He was squinting slightly every time he looked at his hand. The guy with the airplane was twitching so much that she just wanted to reach out and slap him.

The pot was a fair size and she'd tossed in the ownership of the dog, mostly because she was getting tired of his whining. He seemed to be concerned about something that he didn't have the vocabulary for, yet. She just didn't have the time to give a language lesson at the moment.

Slick and Handsome were cleaning up at their table. But they had always been too hasty in skinning the rubes. She preferred to sit and let them stew a while, thinking they were going to win, rather than wondering why they no longer owned their own names.

"Is anyone going to listen? There's a thing under here that you need to pay attention to!"

"Shh!" she said to her dog. She was really hoping that the next card would not be the Queen of Spades. That way, she could have a clear conscience with letting the pilot have him. Of course, the pilot was rather handsome. Maybe she could develop some sort of visitation schedule...

Across the table from her the squid suckered up the next card and prepared to turn it. The sliminess from the dealer was another of the many things about this tournament that was beginning to bug her.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #719
GeoffC

How long does it take to deal a card !!! [even one covered with slime]

knock !
Old 08-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #720
pshrynk

You'd be surprised how long I plan to spin this one out...

Tags
wait, what?, when_harv_met_vera