Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #961
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Ooh, $0.38 from Amazon. What will I buy?

I also got an email from B&N that I'd be getting additional credit. Most of my ebooks were purchased from Fictionwise and B&N (before they removed the download links). No idea how much the B&N credit will be.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:03 AM   #962
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Check your email, I just received another Amazon credit relating to the Apple anti-trust settlement. I think this is the final one. It's been great getting these random credits. They are like mini Xmas presents.
they are! i got another $25.90, and i had ebooks on my "to buy" list, so i now have only 40 cents left
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #963
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Free @ Amazon, 3rd in a series

Keep Me, Cowboy (2015 Montana Born Rodeo Book 3) - Nicole Helm
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:38 AM   #964
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free:

Star Crossed by Kele Moon

I absolutely loved this book. The heroine is a strong woman, both physically and mentally and is a former MMA fighter herself. She doesn't sit around waiting for someone to help her out, but rather is in control of her own life and choices. The hero is also great, alpha but not controlling, and he totally respects and loves her strength.

Spoiler:
Star Crossed can be read as a standalone novel.

He's a Heavyweight UFC fighter with a criminal past and deep family ties to the Italian Mafia. She's from the small southern town of Garnet, where her family has been the law for the past six generations and MMA is the only language people in her neck of the woods speak.

Their MMA camps are rivals.

Everything about their lives makes them enemies.

Their love isn't just forbidden, it's deadly, but they can't seem to help themselves.

Romeo Wellings comes from the hard streets of New York where his unwanted ties to organized crime cause him nothing but pain. Everything changes when he crosses paths with the twin sister of his long-time enemy. After a steamy, one-night stand he faces the fight of his life, but it's not in the cage. The secret relationship that blooms between Romeo and his real life Juliet has him battling his family and a dark past rather than let her go.

The only lawyer in her hometown of Garnet, Jules Conner is also a volunteer Sheriff's deputy and co-owner of a successful MMA training center. Strong and dependable, Jules is always there for those who need her. Until one forbidden night in Las Vegas with Romeo leaves her feeling so alive she can't stop reaching out to the sexy, bad boy of the UFC, even knowing the forbidden love affair could jeopardize everything.

As the tide rises against them and the people they love work at keeping them apart, Romeo and Jules hold onto a dream for a better life together and vow to go down fighting rather than accept a tragic ending.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:48 AM   #965
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
$0.99:

Keepsake by Sarina Bowen

Another book I loved, with a wonderful, sweet virgin hero. This one is NA and is the third in the True North series.

Spoiler:
Lark Wainright used to be fearless. Her life was a series of adventures, each one more exhilarating than the last. But her recent overseas adventure was one too many. Now she’s home and in one piece. Mostly. But her nights are filled with terror.

When her best friend offers her a stay at the orchard in exchange for help at the farmers’ markets, Lark jumps at the chance to spend fall in Vermont. But her nightmares don’t stop. Desperate to keep her fragile state a secret, she relies on the most soft-spoken resident of the Shipley Farm to soothe her when her dreams prove too much.

Zachariah is a survivor, too. It’s been four years since he was tossed aside by the polygamist cult where he grew up. He’s found a peaceful existence on the Shipley’s farm, picking apples and fixing machinery. But getting thrown away by your own people at nineteen leaves a mark on a guy. He doesn’t always know what to make of a world where movie quotes are the primary means of communication. Before hitchhiking to Vermont, he’d never watched TV or spoken on the phone.

Actually, there are a lot of things he’s never done.

Zach and Lark slowly grow to trust one another. One night they become even closer than they’d planned. But Lark may still be too broken to trust anyone. When she pushes Zach away, he will have to prove to himself that he's good for much more than farm labor.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #966
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Free:

Star Crossed by Kele Moon

I absolutely loved this book. The heroine is a strong woman, both physically and mentally and is a former MMA fighter herself. She doesn't sit around waiting for someone to help her out, but rather is in control of her own life and choices. The hero is also great, alpha but not controlling, and he totally respects and loves her strength.

Spoiler:
Star Crossed can be read as a standalone novel.

He's a Heavyweight UFC fighter with a criminal past and deep family ties to the Italian Mafia. She's from the small southern town of Garnet, where her family has been the law for the past six generations and MMA is the only language people in her neck of the woods speak.

Their MMA camps are rivals.

Everything about their lives makes them enemies.

Their love isn't just forbidden, it's deadly, but they can't seem to help themselves.

Romeo Wellings comes from the hard streets of New York where his unwanted ties to organized crime cause him nothing but pain. Everything changes when he crosses paths with the twin sister of his long-time enemy. After a steamy, one-night stand he faces the fight of his life, but it's not in the cage. The secret relationship that blooms between Romeo and his real life Juliet has him battling his family and a dark past rather than let her go.

The only lawyer in her hometown of Garnet, Jules Conner is also a volunteer Sheriff's deputy and co-owner of a successful MMA training center. Strong and dependable, Jules is always there for those who need her. Until one forbidden night in Las Vegas with Romeo leaves her feeling so alive she can't stop reaching out to the sexy, bad boy of the UFC, even knowing the forbidden love affair could jeopardize everything.

As the tide rises against them and the people they love work at keeping them apart, Romeo and Jules hold onto a dream for a better life together and vow to go down fighting rather than accept a tragic ending.
I loved this book as well, for the same reasons. Highly recommended to anyone who likes reading about strong women who actually are strong, not just stubborn and opinionated, and who are appreciated for it.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #967
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Oops, forgot to post my weekly report yesterday.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Tears of the Rose (The Twelve Kingdoms #2) by Jeffe Kennedy (B-/3 stars)
  • The Talon of the Hawk (The Twelve Kingdoms #3) by Jeffe Kennedy (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
none

Last edited by library addict; 10-27-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: revised grade for TTotR
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:47 AM   #968
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Weekly report:
  • Purchased
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Comprados.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	159604
  • Read
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Leidos.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	159605
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #969
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The Black Rose Chronicles
By Linda Lael Miller

Don’t miss this irresistible four-book bundle: Passion ignites when vampires find timeless romance with mortals. From a beloved #1*New York Times*bestselling author who “creates characters I defy you to forget” (Debbie Macomber).

$3.99USD

https://www.amazon.com/Linda-Lael-Mi.../dp/B075TFTZP8

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #970
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's being reported on Facebook that author Miranda Neville has passed away suddenly.

I just tracked down on Twitter the source. Isobel Carr found out yesterday. It was Cancer.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 10-26-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #971
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's being reported on Facebook that author Miranda Neville has passed away suddenly.

I just tracked down on Twitter the source. Isobel Carr found out yesterday. It was Cancer.
Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #972
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7
Very sad.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #973
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Between a Rock and a Hot Mess (The Sinclair Brides Book 1) is free at Amazon and recommended by a bunch of romance writers I follow on Twitter

Spoiler:
Riley Sinclair has man problems. Trouble is, everyone has one but her.

After years on the sidelines at weddings, the head of Sinclair Construction now sits home alone on what used to be girls night. Her only companions are television, a bottle of wine and a crush on a stranger she doesn’t have the guts to approach. Too bad she isn’t more like the daring heroine of her favorite show Hot Mess. Men want to bed and wed the glamorous Delilah Cole, while rough-around-the-edges Riley is relegated to the friend zone.

Enter the perfect solution - an interactive app where the star of Hot Mess dishes style, beauty and relationship advice guaranteed to transform any woman into a man magnet. Riley re-invents herself, and thanks to the app, is on the brink of landing her dream man…and another she didn’t count on. Soon Riley’s embroiled in her own hot mess and has to choose between the Cinderella fairytale with the man she wants or the soul deep passion found only in the arms of the man she needs.
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #974
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7
Oh how very sad for the family. I hate cancer

I read a couple of her books, although its been a while.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:45 AM   #975
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Oh how very sad for the family. I hate cancer

I read a couple of her books, although its been a while.
She had just been writing a new series through Kensington. A trilogy. She had surgery last September and I'm guessing it made things worse. I HATE cancer too. It took my close friend from my youth away in June. We will never know the three heroines she planned to write. It's all so sad.

Sent from my XT1528