Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
battery suddenly empty ?

I've now had this happen 2 times ; am reading in the train on the way home, battery shows half full, put it in sleep mode. Next morning I flip back the cover and the screen shows that I have to charge the battery before I can do anything !?
Is that a known feature ?? Anything that could cause a sudden drain ?
Wi-fi is off, refresh is at 3 pages.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
There have been problems with some covers causing battery drain in sleep mode. The problem seems to be with soft covers that can contact the touchscreen as they close, especially those with an inside pocket or flap.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

But if the cover touches the screen I should end up on a different page from when I stopped reading ... ? And that isn't the case.
I've got a Gecko cover that has an edge around the screen of about 2mm. so the flap shouldn't touch the screen.
But I'll keep an eye on it or remove it temporarily to see if it helps ...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
But if the cover touches the screen I should end up on a different page from when I stopped reading ... ? And that isn't the case.
I've got a Gecko cover that has an edge around the screen of about 2mm. so the flap shouldn't touch the screen.
But I'll keep an eye on it or remove it temporarily to see if it helps ...
A Gecko (not sure which model) was one of the covers with the problem I think. The cover comes into contact as the device is going into sleep mode and so it doesn't always cause page turns. This thread was where those with the issue discovered the cause, it is very long.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
Goner
Connoisseur

Thanks for the link !
I'll read through it and try the suggestions.

Just recharged the Touch and reset it (normal rest) and will keep an eye on it.
Advert