Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 01:36 AM   #1456
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
for reference, i have tested LibrarianSync and Collections Manager and they have the same behaviour when creating large collections. when I try to create the collection of 1200 fiction books, they fail. if i break the collection in half, both tools create them fine.

there remains the rather annoying element that anything kindle recognises as a "DOC" cannot be put into a collection. Is there anyway around that?
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:51 AM   #1457
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
How are you at SQL databases?

The collections are a SQLITE3 database file(s) on /var/local.
First check the schema of them, see if there is a limit set by their design.
SQLITE3 should be able to handle a lot more than a thousand entries.

But there may be a limit imposed by the indexer. I recall at one time Amazon had announced that a limit was imposed to keep the indexer out of trouble. I don't recall if that was before the new indexer design or after.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 AM   #1458
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Support for 5.8.11 added, untested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0021-Support-for-firmware-5.8.11.patch.zip (4.7 KB, 428 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (671.6 KB, 950 views)
File Type: zip 0001-0020patch.zip (56.1 KB, 275 views)

Last edited by ADambi; 11-11-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Forgot about AdapterConfiguration...
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #1459
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Thank you Works on PW3 5.8.11.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #1460
gocho8
gocho8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (5.8.5 JB)
what about git? github web is pretty simple
gocho8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #1461
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocho8 View Post
what about git? github web is pretty simple
It is already on github.
Several times (the original master and several forks).
Old 11-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #1462
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@ADambi: Do you think that something along these lines makes sense and could be maintained?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Collections_Manager
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #1463
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

@ixtab: Seems OK, I added patches 01-20 to the last post.
Anyway, these look like last updates - there are no signs of kindlets in 5.9.2.
Unless you are ready to switch to booklet...
Old 12-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #1464
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
It has been quite a while since I last did anything with my Kindle, but I have dragged it out again, blown off the dust and am wanting to use it again.

First thing was to upload a few new books and try to run CollectionManager - seems that my Kindle has upgraded itself as it now errors when I try to run it.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten what I was doing to update everything!

I am on Firmware 5.9.2 - Can I use CollectionsManager? And if so, how do I upgrade it?

I've had a look, but can't seem to find the required information!
have the PW3.

Thanks in advance.
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #1465
scfonta
scfonta began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
just upgraded my pw1 from 5.3.5 to 2.4.4.2 firmware to use collection manager then reread instructions more carefully. Any way to downgrade to 2.4.0 or whatever last works? can't find archived firmware. Any good replacement for collections manager? Knew I shouldn't mess around with tech when super tired :-(
scfonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #1466
knc1
Going Viral

2.4.4.2 ???
That isn't a firmware for your device.
Put it in airplane mode and get some sleep.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #1467
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Probably meant PW1's firmware 5.4.4.2 aka the one just before 5.6.1.1. But even if "2.4.0" was meant to read as "5.4.0" IIRC that was factory firmware build for PW2. So there is still a dilemma what Kindle model does @scfonta have: PW1 or PW2. Probably PW1 (successful installation of fw 5.4.4.2 points to that conclusion) , and in that case desired/needed downgrade would be to firmware 5.3.9!
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #1468
ADambi
Enthusiast

Support for 5.9.2.0.1 and 5.9.4 added, untested.
CollectionsManager59.azw2 should work only on those versions, while CollectionsManager.azw2 should work on any supported version (except 5.6.1 and 5.9.2).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0022-23-Support-for-firmware-5.9.zip (10.8 KB, 263 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager59.azw2 (370.9 KB, 266 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (697.6 KB, 246 views)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #1469
euleralves
euleralves began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW2
Sadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Support for 5.8.11 added, untested.
I'm on 5.8.11 PW2.

The Collection is created. It even denied a duplicated name. But...
  • I see only the documents on both panels
  • all books are shown as belonging to 0 collections
  • There are no collections in the hierarchy box (only / )
  • Hide and unhide are working

euleralves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:06 AM   #1470
Iceyz
Iceyz began at the beginning.

Device: DX to PW5!
Can anyone tell me if they have this working on 5.9.6 or 5.9.6.1 please?
Iceyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks