Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #61
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I've posted k2pdfopt v1.34, which fixes the problem Guns4Hire had (incorrect detection of the document orientation) along with a few other bug reports/feature requests I have received over the last month or so.
I try to use this one on my windows 7 x86 but it say I need libwinpthread-1.dll to use it. also couldn't find this dll via Google.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #62
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The DLL issue should be resolved in v1.34a. I'm using a new gcc platform (v4.6.3 pre-release) and had to figure out how to remove the DLL dependencies. Please download v1.34a.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 02:08 AM   #63
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Quote:
The DLL issue should be resolved in v1.34a. I'm using a new gcc platform (v4.6.3 pre-release) and had to figure out how to remove the DLL dependencies. Please download v1.34a.
Many thanks willus. This seems to work fine.

cheers,
Tom
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #64
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
I've posted k2pdfopt v1.34, which fixes the problem Guns4Hire had (incorrect detection of the document orientation) along with a few other bug reports/feature requests I have received over the last month or so.
Cheers.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #65
activemind
activemind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
First of all a big Thank You for making this App. This is probably the best and the least painful app I have come across to making reading pdf on Kindle 3 painless.

Now the question (You knew that was coming
So my pdf converted nicely but the text size is still a little too small. I tried -odpi from 200 to 300 in various steps and the results were not too good.

Whats the best way to increase the text size even if it means more number of pages.

TIA!
activemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #66
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Re: Increasing magnification

Quote:
Originally Posted by activemind View Post
First of all a big Thank You for making this App. This is probably the best and the least painful app I have come across to making reading pdf on Kindle 3 painless.

Now the question (You knew that was coming
So my pdf converted nicely but the text size is still a little too small. I tried -odpi from 200 to 300 in various steps and the results were not too good.

Whats the best way to increase the text size even if it means more number of pages.

TIA!
Using -odpi is the way to increase magnification. It would help if you could post or e-mail me part of your document so I can get an idea of the layout to see why you don't like the results for higher values of -odpi. You might check this page. You could also try landscape mode. Is your source document multi-column?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #67
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
interesting program, seems to be a good start on this

2 questions

any options/hints on decreasing word spacing in the output?
Source available for putzing around with

Thanks (both for replying and the program)

Jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #68
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Re: word spacing, source code

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab7vf View Post
interesting program, seems to be a good start on this

2 questions

any options/hints on decreasing word spacing in the output?
Source available for putzing around with

Thanks (both for replying and the program)

Jim
Jim -- the word spacing is exactly the same as the source document unless you turn on full text justification. There are presently no options to change it. I am not distributing the source to k2pdfopt because I do not have the rights to distribute some of it. This may change at some point if I can either re-write or replace those parts of it.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #69
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
Ok .. silly of me not to try it both ways (ie with and without full justify)

Thanks, Jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #70
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
thanks for the program.
Just tried the last x32 bit version for Ubuntu (with the default options) on many input PDF files, and it got killed after some time. Now I am trying to figure out which PDF caused that.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #71
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
okay, I was trying to process a dozen of books in the folder.
I gave it few runs and it got literally "killed" several times randomly with the message "KILLED" in the console.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #72
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
okay, I was trying to process a dozen of books in the folder.
I gave it few runs and it got literally "killed" several times randomly with the message "KILLED" in the console.
If you are able to post a link to or send me a single example file that consistently causes k2pdfopt to fail, please do so. Otherwise it will be very difficult to diagnose this.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #73
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v1.35 released

I've just posted k2pdfopt v1.35, which has (hopefully) better column flow in some cases and a debugging mode output option, plus some other features and bug fixes.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #74
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v1.40 released

I've just posted k2pdfopt v1.40 which now has true text wrapping capability.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #75
DickeFix
Enthusiast
DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3Wifi+3G and DX
Willus, thanks for this MAJOR update which makes this very useful program even better! The program is so good that I prefer to read scientific articles on the Kindle instead as original on paper. I also regularly use your program pdfr.exe to decrease the file size of large pdf-files with unnecessary high native resolution.

I have still some problems to understand the best way to increase text size with k2pdfopt.exe. Should I change input DPI, output DPI, display resolution or document scale factor?
DickeFix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools