Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
dande
dande began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Wink calibre auto conversion for Kindle

When sending a group of books to the Kindle where some are not in mobi format, calibre knows the device is a Kindle and older calibre versions auto converted those files to mobi. Newer calibre versions convert to azw3 which older Kindles can't handle. Is there a way to tell newer versions of calibre to convert to only mobi?

Under Output - Options/MOBIOutput there is a Kindle options selection box where one can select old/both/new for mobi output file type. But I can't find how to tell calibre not to auto convert to azw3.

I know, I know - I can examine the file types before I Send to Device and convert them myself with calibre - but just looking for the easy way out.

TIA -- dande
dande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When the device is connected right click on its icon in calibre select configure this device and move mobi to the top of the list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
dande
dande began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Thank you for your quick reply - have been using calibre from its inception and figured (knew) there would be a quick and easy way to solve my problem -- Don
dande is offline   Reply With Quote