Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Windows Installer?

First I will start off saying this is a very useful tool. It is nice to see it constantly updated with new features. But about 6 months ago a change was made that caused the windows install to default to the C drive ignoring your previous installation drive. I was told to enter a ticket and did... It is now 6 months later and this ticket (#3003) is still open.

I forgot to override the installer (by selecting Advanced) and now it moved my Calibre install to my C drive. Easy enough to uninstall and move it back to its rightful home however I just wanted to bring this up since so many changes have been made to the program I figured while someone was mucking about with the install code this might be an easy one to tackle and would help others.
Thanks,
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
fewilcox
fewilcox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Other programs I've installed can tell where the previous version is installed an default to it. I had given up on upgrading Calibre because it kept insisting on installing a second copy instead of upgrading my existing installation (I like to keep my tidy and harddrive well-organized). Somehow I had completely overlooked the "Advanced" button until I read this thread. It really is most annoying having to constantly tell an upgrader where its associated program is installed.
fewilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If there's a feature you want that isn't getting implemented, you simply have to implement it yourself, or learn to live without it. I find windows installer technology to be so illogical and poorly designed/documented that the amount of effort needed to implement this is not worth it for me.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If there's a feature you want that isn't getting implemented, you simply have to implement it yourself, or learn to live without it. I find windows installer technology to be so illogical and poorly designed/documented that the amount of effort needed to implement this is not worth it for me.
Fair enough... Not being a programmer I will just live with this issue. Thanks for the reply and a great piece of software. Happy Holidays!!!
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
Fahey
Fahey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Windows Installer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewilcox View Post
it kept insisting on installing a second copy instead of upgrading my existing installation
I had a similar issue, howev
Windows Installer Error

Last edited by Fahey; 12-27-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert