Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
faulty panel now fixed

The panel of my iLiad had some problem last week. Now it's fixed.

Last week, while I was reading, it was all of a sudden, a white vertical line appeared on the panel, and the contrast became really low. The white line would not go away, black and white not as it was. Then, I thouht, finally, after 5 years service, I have to find a replacement.

I started to survey potential options on the market. It's frustrating that there is no more 8 inch panel after iRex went bankrupt.

Today, I found that the panel becomes normal. The white line goes away, and contrast is as it was.

I tried to recall what did I do today. The only thing relevant, I guess, is that I read under the sun. The panel of my iLiad is vulnerable to UV ray. When I read under direct (even weak) sunshine, the panel will get blur. The problem is not permanent, everything will get back if I read in a room or with shelter.

Today, I read in the sun for roughly 10 minutes without caring the blurred display. Then I turned it off. So, I guess it's the UV ray saved my iLiad. Can it be true? Anyway, I wish my iLiad can serve me one more year.

ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Five years is a lot of time... I changed the Iliad for a DR800 much time ago...
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Before iRex filed Chapter 11, I did want to buy a DR800. It's a shame that my iLiad didn't break then. I have no excuse to replace it.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Before iRex filed Chapter 11, I did want to buy a DR800. It's a shame that my iLiad didn't break then. I have no excuse to replace it.
For me it was the suspend... It's quite a difference between Iliad and DR800.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote