Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Lady Domino
Cruising reader
Lady Domino began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Restoring database failed

It all started when I wanted to increased my usb storage size - my ebooks were stored on a 16gb memory stick and I wanted to change this to a 32gb stick. (I had done this previously from an 8gb to a 16bg with no problem).

For some reason I could not transfer the files across.

I thought it was time also to install the most up to date version of calibre (0.8.43).

Last night I had the new version working and had added just over 500 books to the database. This morning I tried to start Calibre and got this message -

Failed: Restoring database failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 103, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 113, in scan_library
File "os.py", line 294, in walk
File "os.py", line 294, in walk (etc)

Does any one have any ideas what I can do to get calibre running again?
Lady Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
May be your metadata.db is defect:
Calibre FAQ
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
USB flash drives are slow
you might have not 'ejected safely' and waited for the OK to do it Message.
(the Write buffers can take minutes to empty into the Flash drive. Longer if Anti-Virus is scanning those files.) NB I copied a 3G library to a flash drive: It took HOURS.
IMHO get a 2.5in external USB Hard disk for that big (and it will have lots of spare room ) and be speedy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote