Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Anyone sideload xfinity?

I have been trying to side load the xfinity app. There is an APK file in the XDA forum but when I try it I get a Parse error, problem parsing package. Does anyone know where to find the APK file that works? Thank you
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Install google market, and install it from there.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Install google market, and install it from there.
Do you have to root to install the Android Market?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I found the app at http://www.mydroid.info/3398/xfinity-mobile-v2-0-2/

I used the second link
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmnm754ka44b3rx

This version has a lot to offer including scheduling a DVR recording. It doesn't appear to offer the remote control option where one can change the channel. THe onDemand screen has some issues. I am mostly interested in the TV guide.

I was planning on rooting the device. However despite having much experience modifying old windows phones and other devices I am trying to avoid messing around with the new toy. I have already side loaded xfinity and zinio. There are other apps I am interested in but I also expect Amazon to move fast pushing these others to the tablet. I will either wait or continue side loading. If successful then I can avoid rooting the device.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Apparently so. I tried installing it which went okay, but it cannot be run because it requires an Amazon account on the KFire be set up, which of course cannot be done via the KFire.
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You do, but it's very simple, and I haven't heard of a single instance of anyone bricking their Fire by doing it. Once rooted, there's an app that one-clicks root on and off, so you don't even have to do the process again to unroot.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote