Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
miltonkry
miltonkry began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage pocket edge
Edge store

I am new to this site or Forum. I need help and don't know if I am doing this right.
I have a Pocket Entourage edge and as some of you may know Entourage has closed it's store. I always bought my books throught the Entourage ebook store but it was closed in May. Today I bought a book on the Edge using the suggested ebooks.google.com. I followed the instructions and bought the book and downloaded it to the pocket edge. I tried moving the book to my library but when it said I downloaded it to the library I got the response E_Google-device not authorized. Can any one help me? I would be willing to send my number by way of email or call someone to get help.

Entourage gives you a tech support number that you have to pay for. I have only owned my Pocket edge since October and think it unfair that they closed the store and support.

Milton
miltonkry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
do you know the file extension of the file you downloaded? This will help in finding out what the problem is(it should be either .epub .pdf or .acsm).

If you want to solve this even faster(it probably wont take too long though either way) I can call you if you want, just PM me your number...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
do you know the file extension of the file you downloaded? This will help in finding out what the problem is(it should be either .epub .pdf or .acsm).

If you want to solve this even faster(it probably wont take too long though either way) I can call you if you want, just PM me your number...
Let us know what the fix was.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
miltonkry

I tried both. epub.acsm and pdf-1.acsm I will send you my phone number soon. unable to do it now. What time zone are you in? Let's get a time when iot is convenient for both of us. I sure appreciate any help. Are you familiar with the pocket edge?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I'm rather familiar with the PE, and your problem is (I think) due to the fact that the eDGe can't open .acsm files, those will have to be opened in adobe digital editions and then copied over to your edge(unless thats what you already did, in which case I'm sorry and will need to know the steps you took after that, and whether your eDGe is using the same Adobe account that you bought the books with).

I'm EST(East coast US, GMT -5), I can talk anytime for the next hour or so then I go to bed, I'll be up around 9:30(EST) to talk tomorrow if you want.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Miltonkry, I think you will find that you need to re-register your PE with Adobe Digital Editions. For some reason when the edge site went down registration information was lost and people had to re-register. My EE brought up the registration screen and I just did it over and have had no problems since. I also use Calibre to manage my e-books - it also sorts the DRM problem.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
miltonkry

Thanks to emusan my problem has been solved. He really knows his stuff. I did not have to re register my Pocket edge. The solution was in adding the book to Adobe Digital editions on my computer and connecting the edge to my computer and moving the book from the computer into the PE.
He has saved me from thowing this thing into the trash.

Thanks emusan
Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltonkry View Post
Thanks to emusan my problem has been solved. He really knows his stuff. I did not have to re register my Pocket edge. The solution was in adding the book to Adobe Digital editions on my computer and connecting the edge to my computer and moving the book from the computer into the PE.
He has saved me from thowing this thing into the trash.

Thanks emusan
Thank goodness you did not throw your PE away when the fix was so simple (once you knew where to look! )! Hooray for Emusan!!!

By the way, welcome to MobileRead, Milton!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 AM   #9
miltonkry

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I don't have any more problems. I am sure I will be a constant visitor to MobileRead.