Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
$59 Kobo at Borders

I was in my (closing) Borders store today and saw that the Kobos there were down to $59.
I bought mine last week for $69 > But it was still a steal and I would have been upset if I had waited another week and they were all gone. (FYI, this IS the wifi)

Just thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure if all Borders are selling them for the same price (I'm in Phoenix).

(oh, and I really like the Kobo! Downloaded a few library books already ;D
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Thanks for posting. I will be sure to check out my local Borders tomorrow. It's one of those that will be closing next month.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I stopped at the Borders closest to me and they had nothing electronic left.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
wizzard
The Reader
wizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watch

Device: Aura HD
They also have the Sony readers at 40% off from list price.
wizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Rene, it's my understanding that those items the closing Borders are selling at close-out prices are non-returnable. For my money, I wouldn't risk getting a non-returnable electronic item.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
I just left my local Borders and they had a lot of them in stock. They're on sale for $59.99 but I couldn't bring myself to actually go through with the purchase. I don't want to become an eReader collector and right now I'm pretty satisfied with my nook and Kindle.

I tried to think of who I could gift a Kobo to but my friends don't read and my mom isn't into the eReader thing. She won't touch the two I have now.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
EricW
EricW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kindle for PC
The case/extended warranty pack has also been marked down from $49.99 to $20. That was enough to get me to roll the dice and grab them both...even if the coupon inside was for a free coffee at the in-store cafe they closed a month ago.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I got mine for $60 plus the additional warrenty for $20 if something goes wrong in the next 2 years. The warrenty also came with a case to carry the Kobo. I figure the Kobo is for the Public Library and my Kindle3 and iPad for everything else.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Darn, now if could manage to get that stupid router in my basement to send wifi signals out I could use one of these cheap readers.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Headed to Borders tomorrow to grab one for my son. I have the kindle, but I think the Kobo will be a great first ereader for an 11 year old
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Got one today but it was $70 still...still a good deal
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Got one today but it was $70 still...still a good deal
That's what mine cost, and I consider it an excellent deal also!
I love it. It's perfect for my purposes (library) and feels very nice in my hands. Takes a little while to get used to the page turning button. The side bars on the Kindle are much more convenient.
Glad you were able to get one!
(I went back the week after I bought it and it was $10 less.
But it could have very easily been sold out! So no regrets!
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #13
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
They only had 3 left last weekend in my store next to the Mall of Georgia when I got mine on Saturday. I don't think there will be any left next weekend.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
roobot5000
Man about Town
roobot5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Was just at the Borders near my house (Chicago) on Tuesday and I saw that they had the Kobo Wireless for $59 and that's what interested me into wanting an e-reader. Having been the kind of guy that likes to physically turn a page, I've been putting it off.

With this price though, it's hard to resist. I think that if I am to buy one I'm going to wait until tomorrow (prices are dropped every Friday). They seemed to have quite a few, so I'm willing to roll the dice for a deeper discount.

For those of you who have taken the plunge, how do you like your new Kobo? Is it a decent entry level e-reader?
roobot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Quote:
For those of you who have taken the plunge, how do you like your new Kobo? Is it a decent entry level e-reader?
Yes, it's basic, simple and does what it's meant to do: lets you read books. The screen is clear and easy on the eyes too.

Combine it with Calibre and you have a great way for managing your books.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote