Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Alan S Boyd - 2 medical thrillers

The author:
Alan S Boyd is a dermatologist and dermatopathologist

http://www.alansboyd.com/novels.html

- The Botulinum Project
"..is a medical thriller novel centering around a botulinum toxin impregnated transdermal patch and a medical student's role in its clinical trials."

- The Nephilim
"During his freshman year in medical school, a student discovers a computer chip in a cadaver he's dissecting."

Free to download.
PDF format only.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I've never heard of a "dermatopathologist" (not that I should have). Thanks for the link.

BTW, your avatar is looking very dapper today.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've never heard of a "dermatopathologist" (not that I should have). Thanks for the link.

BTW, your avatar is looking very dapper today.
dermatopathologist: the study and interpretation of skin biopsies
(from his website)

Quinn thanks you (from Rainbow Bridge).
He borrowed Dad's hat for that pic.. ok, ok, Dad made him wear it.. LOL.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks, got 'em both
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
The author:
Alan S Boyd is a dermatologist and dermatopathologist

http://www.alansboyd.com/novels.html

Free to download.
PDF format only.
What am I doing wrong? I can read these on-line, but as far as I can tell they are not downloaded anywhere. Author says to contact him for sales?

WDE. (Always like another canine avatar )
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
What am I doing wrong? I can read these on-line, but as far as I can tell they are not downloaded anywhere. Author says to contact him for sales?

WDE. (Always like another canine avatar )
I used "save as" to get them on my desktop. They are secured pdf files and I haven't tried to get them on my Kindle yet.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

http://www.alansboyd.com/botulinum.html

go towards bottom of page
underneath "back to novels"
it says "the botulinum project"
that's clickable link of pdf file
right click and "save as" to save

HTH
Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I used "save as" to get them on my desktop. They are secured pdf files and I haven't tried to get them on my Kindle yet.
Quote:

HTH
Thanks daffy4u and AbFabGab, it was that simple.

I've never downloaded an eBook this way before.

WDE.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:

HTH
Thanks for the tip.
It works only in IE.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Thanks for the tip.
It works only in IE.
I use FireFox and it works for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use FireFox and it works for me.
Ah...save link fooled me. I thought that link is a link...not a file
Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Ah...save link fooled me. I thought that link is a link...not a file
That's exactly what puzzled me! I thought that saving a link would only save the link, not the file.

WDE.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert

Anyway, the PDFs are useless. Cannot be converted to a readable format on my ebook reader.
Off they go to Recyle Bin.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Anyway, the PDFs are useless. Cannot be converted to a readable format on my ebook reader.
Off they go to Recyle Bin.
Same here. Tried to up the size to medium, everything went out of whack. Every sentence has it's own paragraph with huge spaces between pages?
I don't read on the PC so these are to the recycle Bin too.

WDE.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I was able to Whispernet one to my K2 as a test but the formatting is not so good, so both are off to the trash for me as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-40687.gif
Views:	296
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	26290