Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
DesiLinguist
Computational Linguist
DesiLinguist doesn't litterDesiLinguist doesn't litter

Device: iLiad BE, iPhone, Kindle DX
Ok. I have created a new version of the all-in-one installer which contains the 2.12.1 version as the default iRex version. It also contains another version called 'fullscreen-nojump' which is identical to jharker's fullscreen version except that the 5-page jump that was activated by a long flip has been removed. I created this because I was a little tired of the flipbar doing 5 page turns when I only wanted one. I think a few other people might find this useful. This version was graciously produced by Fellbell and all I did was strip the binary produced by him so that it was of a smaller size (the original binary he produced was 1.1MB!).

As before, please do backup your current ipdf before installing anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_installers.zip (1.31 MB, 1075 views)
DesiLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #32
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thank you very much Deslinguist, for your compilation.

A couple of questons:

1. Will it be possible to replace the default irex version of your package (2.12.1 for Book edition), with the Default irex version for the previous Multi IPDF installer for 2.12 for Iliad V2
2. Are the other pdf applications included in your package compatible with Iliad V2 or rather compatible with 2.12.1 Book edition Software.

Thank you,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #33
DesiLinguist
Computational Linguist
DesiLinguist doesn't litterDesiLinguist doesn't litter

Device: iLiad BE, iPhone, Kindle DX
Dabon,

The 2.12 ipdf binary is also included in the package in case someone (like you) wants it. Look under the 'iRex' folder. I have renamed it to 'ipdf_2_12'. If you want to make that the default version, just rename the 'iRex/ipdf' to 'iRex/ipdf_2_12_1' and then rename 'iRex/ipdf_2_12' to 'iRex/ipdf'.

All of the other ipdfs should run on both v2 and the book edition.
DesiLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #34
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thank you Desilinguist!

D.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #35
foxql
foxql began at the beginning.

Device: none
i used this soft for a few days
it's so great!
thanks!
but there is one question: when i added a bookmark, it will show me a blank bookmark, and i can't add a sign on it
which i used is book edition ,and i installed the zip for book edition.
foxql is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #36
herbalist
Enthusiast
herbalist began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770, Irex Iliad
thanks for making this available easily!
herbalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #37
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Does anyone know why all iPDF versions are so inaccurate (using the stylus) on the part of the screen where the menu normally sits?
I generally hide the menu, but drawing any lines there is very awkward, whereas in the Notes thing the stylus works just fine there. How hard would it be to fix that, or doesn't it bother anyone beside me? :P
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #38
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
which ipdf for simple zoom?

Hi All,
This has possibly been answered already, but please do help me out in this:

IS there a version of pdf reader that can give me progressive or incremental zoom? somewhat like the pViewer, but without reflow such that it works on pics also?

I have several pdfs which are scanned and hence contains no text. only pics of text in each page. Reflow doesnt work on these and I can see a lot of white space around the edges.
An incremental zoom could cut out the whitespace and zero in on the page stretching it and making it more readable.

As a possible approach(and to make a debut into some iliad dev work), I have been able to make a simple blind port of xpdf to the iliad.
This is currently dead slow, but works, and with lots of led flashes etc., and only stylus input works mostly.
This gives me a zoom select list box and doesnt reflow. A little mod of the src to remove the print func and reuse this to call the file open has helped me making it more useful.

I am looking for a better alternative...Any suggestions?

TIA..hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #39
iamfrombeijing
iamfrombeijing began at the beginning.

Device: iliad II
could you do us a favor and solve this problem

Dear sir,

thank you so much for your efforts to deal with the 5-page flip problem. but it seems that you used the ipdf for iliad book edition. I cannot install the nojump version on my iliad 2 machine. but i can install normal non-nojump 2.12 version softwares.

could you design a nojump version for iliad 2 machines? I am really frustrated by the problem. Thank you very much!!!

Max from Beijing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiLinguist View Post
Ok. I have created a new version of the all-in-one installer which contains the 2.12.1 version as the default iRex version. It also contains another version called 'fullscreen-nojump' which is identical to jharker's fullscreen version except that the 5-page jump that was activated by a long flip has been removed. I created this because I was a little tired of the flipbar doing 5 page turns when I only wanted one. I think a few other people might find this useful. This version was graciously produced by Fellbell and all I did was strip the binary produced by him so that it was of a smaller size (the original binary he produced was 1.1MB!).

As before, please do backup your current ipdf before installing anything.
iamfrombeijing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #40
iamfrombeijing
iamfrombeijing began at the beginning.

Device: iliad II
cannot run on iliad V2

Dear sir,
I have done so accordingly, but still cannot install other ipdfs....
Don't know what's wrong.
Thanks!
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiLinguist View Post
Dabon,

The 2.12 ipdf binary is also included in the package in case someone (like you) wants it. Look under the 'iRex' folder. I have renamed it to 'ipdf_2_12'. If you want to make that the default version, just rename the 'iRex/ipdf' to 'iRex/ipdf_2_12_1' and then rename 'iRex/ipdf_2_12' to 'iRex/ipdf'.

All of the other ipdfs should run on both v2 and the book edition.
iamfrombeijing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #41
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
The response you'd get from a mailing list for some other open source software I use a lot would be something like "Sure, it would be great, and we look forward to receiving your patches", i.e. someone's got to do it. Each of these variants has been provided by someone who had an itch to scratch, but it needs someone who needs all of these features and is able to code in C++ and has the time to do it. It is possible that some of the changes conflict with each other so it is possibly not just a matter of applying all of the patches one after another. But I don't know C++ so I can't say for sure. If you do know C++ perhaps you could review the source code diffs and see if they are likely to merge nicely.
I don't know C++ either, but I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to hire someone who knows what they're doing to merge these. Maybe one of the creators of one of these versions? Who's still around?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #42
cze
cze began at the beginning.

Device: none
it would be very great if someone with an already installed compilation environment could add a nojump-patched version of alanine's continuous columns mode version plus the patch suggested in the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...99&postcount=1 . i for one would be most grateful!
cze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #43
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Could someone please make available a version of (at least) the bookmarks pdf viewer with the long-flip disabled? I installed the iRex patch, but that installs a different ipdf viewer, and I really want to be able to use the bookmarks feature. (or the official bookmarks navigation, but I imagine that would be a lot more work)
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #44
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
zoommod version

Hi folks - don't know whether this thread is abandoned or not - but just in case someone is having the same ipdf itches I did :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134802

I modified the bookmark version, adding some zoom options I was missing (patch to bookmark version, and installer-delta archive attached, if anyone cares to merge changes).
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #45
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Hi folks - don't know whether this thread is abandoned or not - but just in case someone is having the same ipdf itches I did :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134802

I modified the bookmark version, adding some zoom options I was missing (patch to bookmark version, and installer-delta archive attached, if anyone cares to merge changes).
Interesting ...
Indeed good to see that some people are still thinkering with the iLiad.
And that there are still people around to appreciate it. Thanks. :-D

Last edited by kleykenb; 05-28-2011 at 02:55 PM.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote