Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #241
khin99
MHK99
khin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: prs 505, nook color, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
I have just tried another pdf and it worked, it was awesome. I will have to go thro' the whole thread to grasp all the features. I think I will be using this tool for quite a lot of my pdf files, especially the two column pdfs.
khin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #242
thebmill
thebmill began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello,
I've been waiting for a long time for someone to develop something that would allow me to read screenplays on my kindle. While Briss helps remove all the negative space around the script, it still keeps the size intact. For example, I'm looking for something that will crop it down exactly to the dimensions of the kindle so that when I click on "actual size" in the options itll show up exactly right.

Right now, it's set to "fit" and in doing that, I get light, not crisp, text. I feel like with the cropping AND being able to somehow change the actual size/dimensions, this could be the thing I've been looking for!
thebmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #243
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo
is there a way to batch conversion?
thanks

i've already read readme.txt and i know it is possible cmd-able but due to calibre organization in my documents folder, i have tons of pdf sub-divided into folders.

how can i convert all theese pdf with a single command line or a simple script?

Last edited by micione20; 10-10-2011 at 10:30 AM.
micione20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #244
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by micione20 View Post
is there a way to batch conversion?
thanks

i've already read readme.txt and i know it is possible cmd-able but due to calibre organization in my documents folder, i have tons of pdf sub-divided into folders.

how can i convert all theese pdf with a single command line or a simple script?
Done and here procedure:

-download a little executable (sysexporter)
-http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchresults.htm
-obtain a txt with all *.pdf in a root folder
with excel create a list with all command (one per file: java -jar briss-0.0.13.jar -s "C:\Documents and Settings\etc etc etc \etc etc etc.pdf")

done
micione20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #245
JimmyMcV
JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
How about batch processing on a Mac?
JimmyMcV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #246
JimmyMcV
JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyMcV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Briss and PDF Scissors seem to be where it's at.
http://www.pdfscissors.com/

But I don't know how to automate crop for exact Kindle dimensions. Eye-balling it and dragging a lasso around the text is the only way I know how to use the program. I'd like to have a batch process as well.
JimmyMcV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #247
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I've managed to crop out the headers from a pdf file, but when I run the cropped pdf file through calibre to convert to .mobi, the resulting file still has the headers in it.

What gives?
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #248
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I've managed to crop out the headers from a pdf file, but when I run the cropped pdf file through calibre to convert to .mobi, the resulting file still has the headers in it.

What gives?
What gives is that Briss does not remove these items from the file. Instead it sets a window boundary for what gets displayed. What you observed is the expected behavior.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #249
webaccmf
webaccmf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Use CutePDF to print the file and then Briss to crop :-).
webaccmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #250
adrar
adrar began at the beginning.

Device: none
i would like to thank briss tool creator so much for a very helpful tool , just i have a small problem with few Arabic pdf files , some pdf files can’t cropped by press tool and i couldn’t find why my question is there any way to fix this problem ?? Thank u very much

I have attached one file as an example
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JESHA.PDF (19.27 MB, 551 views)
adrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #251
nfd
nfd began at the beginning.

Excellent tool for cropping PDFs. But i notice that the PDF bookmarks stop working after cropping. Is this normal ?
nfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #252
dgardner
dgardner began at the beginning.

Another satisfied user

I just want to thank the creator of Briss.
I can't believe that Adobe Acrobat doesn't do that (got fooled for a while by their "crop" tool but it is more of a mask).
I found Briss easy to use and very effective.
Thanks
dgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #253
muskelbiber
muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a big problem with briss: it doesn't work with files >25mb on my system.

i want to use it to crop scanned pdfs. but whenever javaw.exe uses more than 300mb of the memory, the program (briss) just freezes and nothing happens. i read that i have to increase the java heap space, but i don't know how (i am using win7). help anybody?
muskelbiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #254
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskelbiber View Post
i read that i have to increase the java heap space, but i don't know how (i am using win7). help anybody?
Try using
Code:
java -Xmx1024m -jar briss-0.0.13.jar
in command line to start briss.
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #255
muskelbiber
muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.muskelbiber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

i found a solution. I used a similiar command line (javaw -xms128m -xmx1024m - jar briss-0.0.13.jar) and i split really big PDFs (>700 pages) with PDFill Free PDF Tools.
muskelbiber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cropping pdf, pdf