Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #46
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
coloring changes the color of the text in the columns. The blue heading you are seeing is probably how windows highlights the currently sorted column.

EDIT: What kind of column is #sectag?
It is a comma separated text column which I created for my secondary tags.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #47
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Just seen the colouring options - thats real cool.

Only changed the titles to "red" if the readbook check list is true, lol well if its a red book its a read book - easy for me to see

Sure I'll do some more things later

Thanks Kovidgoyal for a fantastic program,will defiantly be donating to support you
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #48
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@nyn: there was a bug when using "has" with a tags like column. I've uploaded a fixed build, so if you re-download and re-install and then re-create your rule which should then work as expected.

More generally, the fixed build also fixes a bug with "is set" and "is not set" rules and enables the use of composite columns in the rules.

Apologies, there were too many combinations for me to test them all before the release.
Thank you now I am seeing what everyone is enjoying about this feature.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #49
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Wonderful, Kovid, thank you VERY much for the simplified interface.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:36 AM   #50
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Wonderful, Kovid, thank you VERY much for the simplified interface.
You're welcome It was a challenge coming up with something that was fairly powerful and still easy to use.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #51
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have a custom column #condition (Rating, shown with stars) that I'd like to include in an rule.

Adding a rule that colors the 'title' column based on the value of #condition does not seem to have any effect.

Ultimately what I'd like is a rule that colors the title column if #condition == Unrated. Should that be a value of '0'?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #52
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The standard rating column does not support unrated, but a custom rating column does.

Because you are testing a custom rating column, you have two choices. You can test for equal to zero using a wizard rule, or you can define a template (an advanced rule) that checks for ''. Something like
Code:
program: test(field('#myrating'), '', 'red')
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #53
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll try the template, but I'm fairly certain that testing for #condition equal to any numeric value (0-5) does not work.

G
Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #54
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I'll try the template, but I'm fairly certain that testing for #condition equal to any numeric value (0-5) does not work.
Does for me. Are you running from source? If so, have you updated? If not, did you download before 22:45 BST?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #55
GRiker

The template works, thanks.

G
Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #56
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Does for me. Are you running from source? If so, have you updated? If not, did you download before 22:45 BST?
I will resync and try again.

G
Old 06-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #57
GRiker

OK, I pulled current source and created this wizard rule:
Code:
Set the color of title to crimson if the following conditions are met:
  • If the #condition column eq value: 1
And I don't see the title color change for books whose #condition equals 1. The template does work properly.

Update: Testing for == '0' works properly, but testing for == '1' does not.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 06-04-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #58
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Update: Testing for == '0' works properly, but testing for == '1' does not.
Oh ^%*&^.

Fixing another problem (formatted numbers) caused the /2 to go away for ratings when using the wizard. For the moment, use 2, 4, 6, etc for 1, 2, 3

Last edited by chaley; 06-04-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #59
GRiker

One more minor matter:
If you disable a condition by blanking all of its boxes, upon clearing the first field (the column field) the following exception occurs:
Code:
calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u''

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/griker/Documents/calibredev/source/dev/src/calibre/gui2/preferences/coloring.py", line 162, in init_action_box
    m = self.fm[col]
  File "/Users/griker/Documents/calibredev/source/dev/src/calibre/library/field_metadata.py", line 379, in __getitem__
    return self._tb_cats[key]
KeyError: u''
G
Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #60
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I have a composite column that shows 95=date read, Reading: (percent read), Not Read in this column. This composite column information comes from the comments column, where the fetch annotations information is displayed.

I'm trying to color code this column, so far I can get the Not Read to show a color, but can't seem to get the others to change color. I hope I'm making sense.

How can I do this? Thanks
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, template